News & Notes
Over on cable, ID has a The Madoff Mystery special, Lifetime has the first season finale of Sherri, MTV has the series premiere of Teen Mom, Spike has the first season finale of Super Dave’s Spike-tacular, and Syfy has the third season finale of Scare Tactics and the series premiere of Outer Space Astronauts.
In late night, WE has the fifth season finale of The Secret Lives of Women.
A Charlie Brown Christmas (ABC): Repeat. Charlie Brown and the gang are searching for the meaning of Christmas in this animated classic.
Disney Prep & Landing (ABC): New. Animated special featuring an elite group of elves that help Santa out by prepping for his arrival at each house on Christmas Eve.
Scrubs (ABC): New. J.D. and Drew get a lesson in mentoring when Dr. Cox and Lucy show that sometimes the teacher can be the student.
Better Off Ted (ABC): Season Premiere. Veridian Dynamics has created lists of their employees who are genetically compatible. Linda and Ted swear off the idea, until they meet someone from their lists. Taye Diggs (Private Practice) guest stars. I loved this episode. It had so much of what I love about the series in general, far fetched situations that shine a light on something that we all have to deal with from time to time. If you haven’t give this show a shot, you’re missing out. It really is one of the funniest comedies on TV right now.
The Good Wife (CBS) Repeat. In “Home” from earlier this season, Alicia finds herself dealing with her old life when she takes on the case of the son of a former friend.
90210 (The CW): New. Jasper lets it be known that he thinks Annie had something to do with the hit and run. Dixon does like that Teddy has a thing for his former girlfriend. Liam and Naomi attempt to forgive the other.
Melrose Place (The CW): New. Riley and Jonah head to Vegas to elope. Lauren has trouble with one of her clients. Auggie lets Riley know that he really does have feelings for her.
Men of a Certain Age (TBS): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode the premiered last night on TNT replays. Read more about it in yesterday’s “Tonight on the Tube.”
- Chopped (Food Network): New. The contestants cook up some holiday themes dishes. Plays again later.
- Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Mike is making marbles and shirts. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays right before.
- Outer Space Astronauts (Syfy): Series Premiere. The astronauts come in contact with an alien race and invite them to pizza night. Plays again later. This new animated comedy series is like South Park meets Star Trek. It has a weird animation style that combines live action with 3-D animation, but I was surprised by how many times I laughed during this episode. This is the first of five episodes of the series that will play each Tuesday. It will move up a half hour starting next week in place of Scare Tactics that has its season finale tonight.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action.
- NBA TV has the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Memphis Grizzlies.
- nip/tuck (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Lola Wlodkowski,” replays.
Bravo has six episodes of Tabatha’s Salon Takeover tonight.
Discovery Channel has five episodes of A Haunting.
Hallmark Channel has six Christmas/Holiday themed TVmovies.
Oxygen has episodes of The Bad Girls Club all day.
Spike has nine hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
Syfy has 22 episodes of Scare Tactics.
USA has 18 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.