Christmas is only a week away. Do you have all your shopping done? Need just the right gift for the TVaholic on your list. Well, we’ve got the giveaway for you thanks to A&E Home Entertainment. Whether they’re a history buff, mystery fan, music aficionado, romance lover, or sci-fi geek, we can help you out. Just leave a comment on this post following the three guidelines below and you could win all of the great prizes listed below and have them on your doorstep before Christmas. You can give them all away, keep them all four yourself, or somewhere in between.
What Are the Prizes?
- 1 – Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman: The Complete Series for the Romance Lover – Includes all six seasons. That’s 150 episodes with bonus features on 42 discs.
- 1 – Farscape: The Complete Season 1, 2, 3 & 4 for the Sci-Fi Geek – Includes all 88 episodes and hours of bonus features on 24 discs.
- 1 – The Sherlock Holmes Collection for the Mystery Fan – The five episodes of the 1960 BBC series with extras on three discs.
- 1 – Willie Nelson and Wynton Marsalis Play the Music of Ray Charles for the Music Aficionado – 91 minutes on one disc. Includes special guest appearance by Norah Jones.
- 1 – The World Wars: The Complete History of WWI and WWII for the History Buff – The set includes over 25 hours of documentary programming on 14 discs.
How Do I Enter?
Leave a comment on this post below as follows:
- Tell us which of the sets listed above is most likely to end up in your DVD collection.
- Or, tell us how this giveaway will help you to finish your Christmas shopping.
What Are the Rules?
- Limit one entry per person. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Must be 18 and a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. Must include a valid email address, which we will only use to contact you, if your comment is selected as the winner. Odds of winning depend on number of legitimate entries. The use of automated devices to enter the giveaway is prohibited. There is no responsibility assumed by TVaholic.com for lost or late entries, or any computer, online telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur.
- Each comment is time stamped and numbered. Entries must be received by 8:00 a.m. PT, Monday, December 21st, 2009. One number will be drawn at random using the random integer generator at Random.org and the corresponding comment will be selected as the winner.
- The winner will be notified immediately following the drawing Monday morning and will need to respond by 2:00 p.m. PT on that day. Overzealous spam filters can sometimes eat the message, so please check your spam folder or come back to this page to see if you’ve won. A quick turn around is needed, since I need to get your address to A&E Home Entertainment, so they can mail the prize pack out for arrival before Christmas. Once the winner has responded with their U.S. shipping address to claim their prize, the winner’s name and state will be added to this post. If you don’t respond in time, a new winner will be selected. Prizes lost, stolen, or damaged during shipping cannot be replaced and winners are responsible for any taxes resulting from the receipt of prizes. Any and all guarantees and warranties of prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to contact the prize manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
What If I Don’t Win?
Well, whether you win or not, you can always:
- Get them yourself at , via the links above, or your favorite DVD retailer.
- Signup to receive free daily updates of the great content here at TVaholic via eMail or RSS and get access to the free printable Winter TV schedules. Plus, you’ll be one of the first to know about future giveaways.
- Follow @theTVaholic on Twitter, which is also a good way to find out about future giveaways or to just chat about our favorite TV shows.
And the Winner Is
- #60 – Jennifer Barnett of Nashville, TN is a winner of the Gigantic DVD Giveaway to Help Last Minute Shoppers from A&E Home Entertainment.
Update 12.21.2009: Added winner information and sent email notification.