News & Notes
Over on cable, BBC America has the sixth season finale of The Graham Norton Show, Hallmark Channel has the TV movie premiere of Ice Dreams, Lifetime has the TV movie premiere of Pregnancy Pact, MTV has a Taking the Stage special, TBS and TNT both have The 16th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards, and VH1 has a Making Michael Jackson’s This Is It special.
In late night, Comedy Central has an Artie Lange: Jack and Coke comedy special followed by an Arj Barker: LYAO comedy special.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. This past Thursday’s episode, “I Like You So Much Better When You’re Naked,” replays, where Izzie is back, Derek now knows what is up with the Chief, and Cristina deals with what she blurted out at the end of last week’s episode. Really liked this episode, as the discussions, themes, etc. of the episode reminded me of when every episode of this show was must watch.
Criminal Minds (CBS): Repeat. In “Haunted” from earlier this season, the BAU is trying to find a guy that went on a killing spree at a pharmacy before he strikes again.
Castle (ABC): Repeat. In “One Man’s Treasure” from earlier this season, Castle and Beckett are shocked when two women show up to identify the body, one being his wife and the other being his fiancée.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): Repeat. In “A Space Oddity” from last season, Hodges and Wendy bump into each other at a sci-fi convention and end up investigating the death of a favorite TV actor. This episode has one of the best replications of a convention that I’ve seen on TV.
Demons (BBC America): New. A bad boy vampire is trying to woo Mina to the dark side of her being. Plays again later.
Southland (TNT): Repeat. The series premiere episode, “Unknown Trouble,” replays.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Get a look at some “Budget Bites.” Follows five repeat episodes. All six episodes play again later.
- CBS has tripleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN has five college basketball games.
- ESPN2 has four college basketball games and Australian Open tennis coverage.
- NBA TV has the Miami Heat at the team that shall not be named.
- NBC has U.S. Figure Skating Championships in the afternoon and primetime.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. This past Thursday’s episode, “A Dark Road,” replays. This is just an absolutely great episode. The scene between Michael and his mother was outstanding.
- White Collar (USA): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Hard Sell,” replays. Thought they cleared up the fall cliffhanger very well and set the series off in an interesting direction going forward.
ABC Family has Bring It On, Bring It On: In It to Win It, and Bring It On: All or Nothing.
BET has 12 episodes One on One early.
Bravo has seven episodes of House.
Discovery Channel has seven episodes of Dirty Jobs.
MTV has seven episodes of Teen Mom.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike has Lethal Weapon 4, Lethal Weapon 3, Lethal Weapon 2, and Lethal Weapon.
truTV has 12 episodes of Forensic Files.
TV Land has 10 episodes of Married… With Children early.
USA has eight episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE has nine episodes of Bridezillas.