News & Notes
Over on cable, Biography has the second season finale of Mobsters, CMT has the third season premiere of Cribs, TLC has a Miss America: Behind the Curtain special, and Travel Channel has the 12th season premiere of Most Haunted.
On Episode 57, “Unexpected Castle Chuck,” of the TV times Three podcast, Amrie, Rae and I talk about some TV related news items, including NBC extending episode orders, some show cancellations, and possible new shows on the way. Then, we talked about some of the best TV from the previous week in primetime including Chuck, Life Unexpected, Castle, and more.
Dollhouse (FOX): Series Finale. Echo and the rest are out to stop an apocalypse. Having to compact so much stuff into the last few episodes has made this show much more than it would have been, and was, otherwise. Can’t wait to see how things end. How about you?
Caprica (Syfy): New. The Graystones and Adamas continue to deal with the aftermath of the train explosion. Joseph and Daniel get into it. Amanda does something that changes things. Runs 63 minutes. Plays again later. The two-hour “Pilot” episode replays right before. I really like this show and this episode. Is it the best? No. Does it have potential to be one of the best? Yes. The show mixes so many genres that it is hard to decide even after having seen the first three episodes, but what I do know it the people behind it know how to tell an interesting story and the acting is exceptional. There are some missteps that make things more confusing than they need to be, but so far at the end of each episode, I want to see the next one. Really looking forward to seeing what this show becomes going forward. What did you think of the first episode? Will you be watching tonight?
Numb3rs (CBS): New. The team is searching for a serial killer that kills men that use prostitutes. Colby and Nikki deal with a car crash.
Smallville (The CW): New. The Dark Archer, Oliver’s mentor, is out for revenge and goes after Chloe and Lois to get it. Next week is the two-hour “Absolute Justice” episode.
Medium (CBS): New. Allison’s dream of a schizophrenic child turns out to be the roommate of a missing psychiatric patient.
The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network): New. It’s a “Meat-fest” tonight with stars of the Food Network talking about their favorite meaty dishes. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): New. Stacy and Clinton are using their 250th episode for one of their biggest transformations to date. Plus, former people they’ve helped return. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Winter X Games coverage.
- ESPN2 has Australian Open tennis.
- NBA TV has the Boston Celtics at the Atlanta Hawks.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Friendly Fire,” replays.
- Caprica (USA): Repeat. The series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays. Runs two hours. Tonight’s second episode, “Rebirth,” follows and yes, on USA Network.
- nip/tuck (FX): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Joel Seabrook,” replays.
- White Collar (USA): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Bad Judgment,” replays.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of Storm Chasers.
History has five episodes of Lock N’ Load With R. Lee Emery that play two times today.
Oxygen has 21 episodes of Roseanne.
Spike has nine hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Syfy has eight episodes of Moonlight early.
WE has five episodes of Rich Bride, Poor Bride early.