News & Notes
On cable tonight, BET has a The BET Honors special, Bravo has the series premiere of Kell on Earth special, Food Network has the first season finale of Worst Cooks in America, Logo has the second season premiere of RuPaul’s Drag Race, Planet Green has the second season premiere of Blood, Sweat & T-Shirts, TLC has the second season premiere of Ultimate Cake Off, Showtime has the third season premiere of Secret Diary of a Call Girl, and VH1 has a For the Love of Ray J 2 clip show special.
In late night, HGTV has second season finale of Real Estate Intervention.
Enter our White Collar and Burn Notice giveaways. The first prize pack includes a cashmere scarf, flask and t-shirt and the second prize pack includes DVDs, a logo flashlight and t-shirt.
Chuck (NBC): New. Chuck is given his own asset to run. Awesome tries to cover for Chuck with Ellie when she starts asking too many questions. Jeff, Lester and Morgan attempt to learn more about Hannah, guest star Kristin Kreuk (Smallville). Been looking forward to this episode for a while.
Life Unexpected (The CW): New. Kate decides to transfer Lux to her and Baze’s old high school. Baze’s parents find out about Lux and want to have her and Kate over for dinner, to which Kate’s mom, played by Cynthia Stevenson (Men in Trees), and sister also get invited. Plays again Wednesday night. Once again, I loved this episode. Meeting the extended family is great, especially since it takes places at a dinner that the Walkers from Brothers & Sisters would be envious of. The casting of the parents/grandparents and sister/aunt is fantastic. It sets up a new dynamic that the show can play with now. One element of the story is completely predictable, but the show is done so well that I didn’t care. Have you been watching? What do you think of the show?
Greek (ABC Family): New. Casey is having trouble dealing with the guild over the fire. Rusty having won the grant contest has an increase in popularity. Ashleigh is trying to raise money for the sorority house that burnt down. Plays again late night Wednesday.
House (FOX): New. The team is trying to diagnose the ailment of a college football player with a shot at the NFL. Also, Foreman’s brother, guest star Orlando Jones (MADtv), visits the hospital.
24 (FOX): New. Renee has to deal with her past to broker a deal. Dana may have figured out a way to deal with her problem. The peace agreement might be in jeopardy.
Damages (FX): New. Patty Hewes attempts to find out something about the Tobin family that will help with their case against them. Ellen helps Tom out with a problem of somebody he is looking for regarding the case. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice and again later, plus replays multiple times throughout the week. What did you think of the twist ending in the premiere? Wait until you see how tonight’s episode ends. The storytelling style keeps you guessing until they finally drop a little knowledge on you at the end. Yet, you’re still left wondering and wanting to watch the next episode right now. But, it’s not just what you find out in the end, it is other things that happen in the episode as well.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Sheldon is attempting to solve a physics problem by working with Penny. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
- CSI: Miami (CBS): New. The CSIs are working on a death row case and only have 24 hours to figure out if they are really guilty. Delko is back to work on the case.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Everyone is cheering Barney on in his quest for the perfect week, so they can forget about their less than stellar week.
- Make It or Break It (ABC Family): New. Emily’s mother and Lauren’s father try to figure out if there is anything there. Payson has a new boy trying to romance her. The Rock holds a Valentine’s Day mixer. Plays again later.
- Men of a Certain Age (TNT): New. Terry becomes an apartment manager for the great new digs, but the job kind of sucks. Joe’s bookie wants to use his golfing skill in scam. Plays again later.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Jaime is home alone. Julian is reliving his childhood. Everyone forgets Hailey’s birthday.
- Secret Diary of a Call Girl (Showtime): Season Premiere. Belle has published her first book and is worried about what her follow up book will be about. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later. Have always been disappointed in this show, as it seems to be more about what they can put on the screen and not what it means for her or the people around her. Always thought this show would be good if it spent more time showing how she did this and not what she did. After watching the first four episodes of this season, I still think that is true. Probably won’t be watching anymore of this show going forward. What do you think about this show? Are you a fan? Been looking forward to tonight’s episode?
- Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Alan ends up in Jail. Charlie doesn’t like the lawyer he hires, cause he thinks Chelsea is interested in him. Runs 31 minutes.
- Worst Cooks in America (Food Network): Season Finale. The winner is crowned. Plays again later. The previous five episode replay leading up to tonight’s finale.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has women’s college basketball action.
- NBA TV has the Phoenix Suns at the Charlotte Hornets.
- Versus has NHL action.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Friendly Fire,” replays.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. ???. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “You Can’t Handle This Episode,” replays.
- White Collar (USA): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Bad Judgment,” replays.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of Overhaulin’.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike has five episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation tonight.
Syfy has 11 episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise.
USA has 10 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent early.
VH1 has seven episodes of For the Love of Ray J 2.
WE has 14 episodes of The Golden Girls today.