News & Notes
Over on cable, Biography has the fourth season finale of I Survived…, Discovery Health has a Disease Detectives special, and TLC has a Your Kid Ate What? special.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. The “The Devil Wears Nada” episode from earlier this season replays, where Marge poses for a pin-up calendar for charity and her photos become the talk of the town. Runs 30 minutes.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Celia gets the chickenpox. Bree hires someone new. Everyone forgets Penny’s birthday. Runs 61 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Sarah is dealing with how she feels for Luc. Kevin wants to stop working for Robert. Holly and Nora continue looking for the hidden value of Ojai. Kitty wants to get rid of Buffy. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes. I very much enjoyed this episode. Last week’s episode had lots of developments, but they didn’t land for me. This week still brings plenty of drama, but plays with the humor side of things too. I think the humor of the episode allowed some of the drama to land for me this week. I both like and think the show is better when the episodes provide a mix of the two.
The Amazing Race (CBS): New. Emergency room visits and compass problems plague the racers.
Big Love (HBO): New. Sarah makes a startling announcement. Nicki is trying everything to be who Bill wants her to be. Plays again later.
Cold Case (CBS): New. The team looks into whether the bride at a colleague’s wedding may have killed her former fiance.
- Being Erica (SOAPnet): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Yes We Can,” replays, where Erica gets a do-over day.
- ABC has doubleheader NBA action with the Phoenix Suns at the San Antonio Spurs followed by the Denver Nuggets at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- CBS has doubleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action tonight with the Miami Heat at the Orlando Magic followed by the New Orleans Hornets at the Dallas Mavericks.
- ESPN2 has college basketball action followed by doubleheader women’s college basketball.
- FOX has NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup Series: Shelby American.
- NBC has XXI Winter Olympics coverage.
- Caprica (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “There Is Another Sky,” replays.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Monday’s episode, “It’s Not My Birthday,” replays.
- nip/tuck (FX): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Edith and Walter Krieger,” replays.
ABC Family is playing The Karate Kid, The Karate Kid Part II, The Karate Kid Part III, and The Next Karate Kid today.
Oxygen has 14 episodes of Snapped.
Spike has six episodes of DEA.
Syfy has Stephen King’s The Langoliers, Stephen King’s The Tommyknockers, and Stephen King’s The Stand today.
TLC has seven episodes of The Lottery Changed My Life.
TNT has nine episodes of Law & Order.
Travel Channel has seven episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
USA has 12 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE has 10 episodes of Platinum Weddings.