News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the 14th season finale of The Bachelor followed by the After the Final Rose special, CBS has the fourth season premiere of Rules of Engagement, and NBC has two new Law & Order episodes on its new night.
Over on cable, Bravo has a The Real Housewives Top 25: The Early Years special, Discovery Health has a Paralyzed & Pregnant With Twins, G4 has the second season premiere of The International Sexy Ladies Show, TLC has the series premiere of Little Parents, First Baby, and VH1 has the first season finale of Let’s Talk About Pep.
In late night, NBC has the return of Jay Leno to The Tonight Show and Showtime has the first season finale of La La Land.
Chuck (NBC): New. Chuck has to take on the identity of an assassin. Sarah is trying to keep things professional with Shaw. So happy the Olympics are over and we can get back to our regular schedule programs, especially this one.
Life Unexpected (The CW): New. Baze and Ryan are competing in a radio station contest. Cate continues to think about telling Ryan the truth she didn’t quite tell him last week. Lux is trying to help Tasha find her mother. Plays again Wednesday night. Creator @LizTigelaar said on Twitter that this episode is her favorite episode of the series so far. Last week’s episode, “Truth Unreaveled,” replays right before. Next week Life Unexpected moves up an hour and will be followed by the return of Gossip Girl.
Greek (ABC Family): New. The KT house gets some new neighbors. Calvin is trying to solve a mystery.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. The group attempts to convince Ted that Tiffany, guest star Carrie Underwood, is just stringing him along.
Rules of Engagement (CBS): Season Premiere. Jeff deals with a woman at work that keeps hitting on him, even though she knows he is married. Russell sends his assistant to retrieve his phone from the apartment of a one-night stand. This is a solid episode of this show. It provides some good laughs, mostly in the Jeff storyline. It will be interesting to see how well it does this season, as it will not be following Two and a Half Men.
24 (FOX): New. Things don’t go as planned during a meeting between President Taylor and President Hassan. Jack is attempting to retrieve President Hassan’s brother who has information on a plot to detonate a bomb made from the fuel rods they have been tracking.
Damages (FX): New. Patty is feeling some pressure to show some progress in the Tobin case. Meanwhile, Ellen comes across some new evidence in the Tobin case. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice and again later, plus replays multiple times throughout the week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Sheldon goes to traffic court after getting a ticket he blames on Penny. Comic book legend Stan Lee guest stars as himself. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
- CSI: Miami (CBS): New. Horatio and Eric are attempting to clear Jesse’s name in Los Angeles, but find a dangerous element inside the LAPD.
- Make It or Break It (ABC Family): New. The pressure is on like never before with Sasha’s Chinese Invitational.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Charlie returns after running off to Las Vegas. Runs 31 minutes.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Foods in tubes are examined. A repeat episode plays right before. Both play again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader women’s college basketball action.
- NBA TV has the Orlando Magic at the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Good Intentions,” replays.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Think Tank,” replays.
- White Collar (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Bottlenecked,” replays.
Bravo has six episodes of The Real Housewives of New York City.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of Overhaulin’.
E! has the five-part 101 Sexiest Celebrity Bodies early.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Syfy has eight episodes of The Sentinel early.
USA has 10 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent early.
WE has nine episodes of The Locator early and another 10 episodes later.