News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has The Bachelor: Jason and Molly’s Wedding special, The CW has Life Unexpected moving up an hour and the return of Gossip Girl with new episodes following it, and NBC has the return of Trauma with new episodes following Chuck.
Over on cable, ABC Family has the first season finale of Make It or Break It, Biography has a Scott Hamilton: Return to the Ice special, History has the second season finale of Pawn Star$, MTV has the first season finales of The Buried Life and My Life as Liz, Showtime has the third season finale of Tracey Ullman’s State of the Union, and VH1 has the first season finale of Fantasia for Real.
In late night, truTV has the first season finale of NFL Full Contact.
There are 16 shows on tonight that I would try to watch, if I hadn’t already seen two of them. That leaves 14 shows. The worst of it is that in the first hour of primetime we have four of my Top 10 shows on right now, all airing at the same time. Mondays have become more ridiculous than Thursday nights for me. What about you?
Chuck (NBC): New. Chuck can’t seem to flash, so he gets left behind on the latest mission. Yet, ends up in a bit of a situation back at home base. @ZacharyLevi directed this episode and I have heard from those that have seen this episode that it is not only their favorite of the season, but one of their favorites of the show ever. I hope they are correct, but I’m also trying to keep my expectations in check.
24 (FOX): New. Jack is dealing with the suspect that trapped himself in the hospital with a bomb. Someone at CTU gets demoted.
Greek (ABC Family): New. Casey is finding it hard to study during Mardi Gras parties. Rusty asks Katherine to come to a party at the KT house.
Life Unexpected (The CW): New. Ryan and Cate are hosting a wedding expo and Baze and Math decide to crash it. Jones takes Lux out on a date.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Charlie and Chelsea hook up. Runs 31 minutes.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. The gang buys a ring from The Lord of the Rings at a garage sale and it threatens to rip the group apart. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
Castle (ABC): New. A dead woman is found half naked hanging by handcuffs in a park. Beckett and Castle have to investigate the world of sexual domination to solve the case.
- CSI: Miami (CBS): New. A receptionist that nobody liked is found murdered and the CSIs investigate.
- Damages (FX): New. Patty sends Tom out of the country to try and track the Tobin money. Ellen is in a spot of choosing between her boss and Patty. Runs 62 minutes. Plays twice and again later, plus replays multiple times throughout the week. While it may be my third choice in the hour, I’m loving this season of Damages. Tonight’s episode is no exception. Ellen shows Patty that she learned a thing or two working for her. The back-n-forth is a lot of fun in the midst of the greater mysteries going on.
- Good Eats (Food Network): New. Alton shows how to rev up your desserts with salt. A repeat episode plays right before. Both play again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): New. Nate and Serena are trying to figure out where they are with each other. Rufus is trying to avoid Lily.
- House (FOX): New. An avid blogger is the patient of the week. House and Wilson learn something they didn’t know about the other.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Robin lets it be known that she is still mad at Barney, so she gets guest star Jennifer Lopez to help her out.
- Make It or Break It (ABC Family): Season Finale. The Rock girls go up against the Chinese National team.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS): New. Audrey and Jeff decide to switch sides of the bed, which leads to a bigger problem than the one they were trying to solve. I really liked this episode for no other reason than I sometimes do the same thing as Jeff at the beginning of the episode.
- Trauma (NBC): New. Nancy has to deal with one of her biggest fears. Rabbit and Marisa are called to a bank robbery. Yes, this show is back after being canceled. It’s now scheduled to run for 10 more episodes for a total of 20 episodes for the season.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Some favorite “Munchy Crunchy” snacks are looked at. A repeat episode plays right before. Both play again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has a women’s college basketball game followed by doubleheader college basketball action.
- NBA TV has the San Antonio Spurs at the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Versus has NHL action.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s season finale episode, “Devil You Know,” replays.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “The Head, the Tail, the Whole Damn Episode,” replays.
- White Collar (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Front Man,” replays.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of Overhaulin’.
History has five episodes of Gangland that plays two times.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Syfy has eight episodes of The Outer Limits early.
USA has 12 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent early.
WE has nine episodes of The Locator early followed 14 episodes of The Golden Girls.