News & Notes
Over on cable, ABC Family has the TV movie premiere of The Cutting Edge 4: Fire & Ice, Animal Planet has a Killer Aliens special and the series premiere of Fatal Attractions, E! has the second season premiere of Kendra and the series premiere of Pretty Wild, ESPN has the TV movie premiere of 30 for 30: Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks, Food Network has the third season premiere of Ultimate Recipe Showdown, HBO has the miniseries premiere of The Pacific, HGTV has the seventh season premiere of Holmes on Homes and the series premiere of The Antonio Treatment, MTV has a Summit on the Summit special, Style has the second season finale of Giuliana & Bill, TLC has a The Man with Half a Body special and the series premiere of Hoarders: Buried Alive, and Travel Channel has the series premiere of America’s Worst Driver.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Homer and Marge have to talk with Principal Skinner about Bart and his lack of turning in homework. A repeat episode follows.
The Pacific (HBO): Miniseries Premiere. Based on the real-life journeys of three World War II Marines, Sgt. John Basilone, played by Jon Seda (Homicide: Life on the Street), is sent to the Pacific, Robert Leckie, played by James Badge Dale (The Black Donnellys, 24), joins up with the Marines, and Eugene Sledge, played by Joe Mazzello (Matters of Life and Death, is attempting to enlist. This is a 10-part miniseries from the people that brought us the Band of Brothers miniseries. It follows these three men from the battle with the Japanese on Guadalcanal to when they returned home. From the footage I’ve seen, it looks spectacular. I’ll definitely be checking this one out.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Kitty’s new popularity is causing problems for her family. Luc may be deported. Nora goes to Tommy for some help. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
The Amazing Race (CBS): New. The racers compete in a WWI reenactment challenge.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Supermodels Heidi Klum and Paulina Porizkova guest star in this episode that has Gaby and Angie heading to New York. Runs 61 minutes.
Cold Case (CBS): New. A dockworker murdered in 1986 that was also moonlighting as a professional wrestler has his case reopened when the squad gets new direction.
- 30 for 30: Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks (ESPN): TV Movie Premiere. See and hear from those that were there for Reggie Miller’s amazing performance against the Knicks in the 1995 playoffs. Runs 90 minutes.
- The Cutting Edge 4: Fire & Ice (ABC Family): TV Movie Premiere. Francia Raisa (The Secret Life of the American Teenager and Brendan Fehr Roswell are the latest mismatched pair to go for the figure skating gold. Runs two hours. Plays twice. The first three Cutting Edge movies play leading up to tonight’s newest edition.
- Ultimate Recipe Showdown (Food Network): Season Premiere. Four home cooks compete to create the best “Comfort Food” dishes. Plays again later.
- ABC has a college basketball conference tournament game followed by NBA action with the Boston Celtics at the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- CBS has a couple of college basketball conference tournament games followed by the NCAA Tournament Selection Show.
- ESPN has college basketball conference tournament game.
- FOX has NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup Series: Kobalt Tools 500.
- NBA TV has the Toronto Raptors at the Portland Trail Blazers.
- NBC has NHL action followed by the final round of the WGC-CA Championship golf tournament.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Monday’s episode, “You Haven’t Replaced Me,” replays.
A&E has 12 hours of Parking Wars episodes.
ABC Family is playing The Cutting Edge, The Cutting Edge 2: Going for the Gold, The Cutting Edge 3: Chasing the Dream, and The Cutting Edge 4: Fire & Ice.
BBC America has 10 episodes of The Inbetweeners.
Comedy Central has 10 episodes of Futurama.
Oxygen has 16 episodes of Snapped.
Spike TV is playing Star Wars Episode I-III today.
TLC has five episodes of Untold Stories of the E.R.
TNT has eight episodes of Law & Order early.
Travel Channel has the five-part 101 Chowdown Countdown early and 12 episodes of Man vs. Food later.
truTV has six episodes of Top 20 Most Shocking.
TV One has 12 episodes of Turn of the Heat With G. Garvin early.
USA has five episodes of House tonight.
WE has 10 episodes of Platinum Weddings.