News & Notes
On cable tonight, ABC Family has the second season premiere of 10 Things I Hate About You and the third season finale of Greek, Bravo has the first season finale of Kell on Earth, History has the third season premiere of Pawn Star$, and TNT has the fourth season premiere of Saving Grace.
Chuck (NBC): New. Casey, Morgan and Awesome are all trying to help Chuck get Sarah back.
24 (FOX): New. As the terrorists intentions become known, President Taylor gives Jack a task of extreme importance.
Castle (ABC): New. The serial killer after blowing up Beckett’s place begins to taunt Castle and Shaw, guest star Dana Delany (Desperate Housewives), to catch him. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes. Can’t wait to see how they wrap this one up, as last week’s part one was great.
Life Unexpected (The CW): New. Lux sees Jones kissing another girl at a party and it causes her to deal with her feelings about him. Lux and Ryan talk while stranded at the radio station during a bad storm. Baze gets stuck at his bar with Cate and her sister.
Trauma (NBC): New. A sniper pins down Glenn and Nancy during a call. Rabbit and Marissa try doing things according to protocol. Boone has to get used to Tyler and his new job status.
Greek (ABC Family): Season Finale. Everyone has headed to Myrtle Beach for Spring Break. Rusty is implementing his revenge plan. Dale tags along and puts a damper on Rusty and Dana’s plans for the week. Cappie has something he wants to give Casey. I think this turns out to be a great episode and end to the season. But, given how things end, I’m glad we already know that there will be a season four to wrap things up. Dale is hilarious on his first spring break and Rusty’s revenge plan is awesome. Also, Ashleigh realizing what she may want to do after college is a nice little side storyline to the episode. Don’t really want to say anymore for fear of spoiling things.
- 10 Things I Hate About You (ABC Family): Season Premiere. Kat after being suspended attempts to break into school to take a test. Bianca and Joey attempt to find the security video of their kiss. Runs 30 minutes and plays twice. All 10 first season episode replay leading up to this episode. This was a good episode that serves to setup up the second season quite well, but I didn’t think it lived up to the last few episodes of the first season, which were outstanding. Although, the breaking into school to take a test is pretty funny, especially how that storyline plays out in the episode.
- Damages (FX): New. One of Patty’s clients wants her off the Tobin case. Tom makes a move that could put Ellen’s job in jeopardy. Plays twice and again later, plus replays multiple times throughout the week.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy checks out some places that serve some fresh and different dishes. A repeat episode plays right before. Both play again later.
- Good Eats (Food Network): New. Alton takes a look at “The Curious Case of Curry.” A repeat episode plays right before. Both play again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): New. Chuck is once again up against his uncle. Blair is helping her mother with a fashion show. Jenny gets volunteered to help at said show, which doesn’t turn out well for her when she finds that Agnes is one of the models.
- Nurse Jackie (Showtime): New. Eddie continues getting closer to Jackie’s husband. Jackie makes a mistake at the hospital and gets called out for it by Coop. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later. Still not my favorite show, but this was a good episode. Things not working out for Jackie were a nice change. Dr. Coop and his twittering (@DoctorCoop) is pretty funny. They are supposed to appear in real time on the account as it plays on the east coast.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS): New. Jeff agrees to go to couples therapy with Audrey. Russell has a thing for Timmy’s arranged fiancée.
- Saving Grace (TNT): Season Premiere. Grace runs into a mysterious man while trying to have it out with God. Ham is having problems with his father now that his dating his brother’s widow is out in the open. Plays again later. Given how things ended last season, the show can go just about anywhere. There is lots of good stuff in the episode. Everyone is pretty much questioning just about everything. Can’t wait to see how things play out over the course of this final season.
- United States of Tara (Showtime): New. Tara realizes that she is transitioning again and keeps it hidden from her family. Max wants to buy the suicide neighbors house and flip it. Charmaine wants to move in with her sister during her engagement period before the wedding. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later. I watched the first six episodes all in one sitting, so things are all kind of jumbled together, but I believe this episode begins the process of setting up a really nice twist that pays off in the next episode or two.
- ESPN has doubleheader NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament action.
- NBA TV has the Denver Nuggets at the Dallas Mavericks.
- Versus has NHL action.
ABC Family has all 10 first season episodes of 10 Things I Hate About You leading up to tonight’s second season premiere.
Oxygen has 16 episodes of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.
Spike TV has nine episodes of CSI:….
Syfy has 15 episodes of the original V series.
USA has 12 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent early.
WE has five episodes of Raising Sextuplets early followed by 14 episodes of The Golden Girls.