News & Notes
On cable tonight, BET has the third season premiere of Sunday Best, Discovery Channel has a Deadliest Catch: Best of Season 5 special, HBO has the first season finale of How to Make It in America, TLC has a Your Kid Ate What? Brush With Death special and a The Man With Half a Body special, and VH1 has the third season finale of Tool Academy.
In late night, HGTV has the third season premiere of Income Property.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Homer becomes jealous of Grampa’s newfound fame in a replay of “Thursdays With Abie” from earlier this season. Runs 30 minutes.
The Pacific (HBO): New. This is Part 4 of 10. Sledge has enlisted and begins his training at Camp Elliot. Leckie is sent to a Navy hospital after he begins to display physical and mental effects from the tropical combat situation he has been in. Plays again later.
Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Skyler calls the cops on Walt after he refuses to leave their home after breaking in. Saul is trying to get Jesse to get Walt to begin cooking again. Runs 62 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
The Amazing Race (CBS): New. Racers must decide between taking a 153 step climb or a 35 foot high lesson.
Ultimate Recipe Showdown (Food Network): New. Four competitors attempt to create the best “Burgers.” Plays again later.
Cold Case (CBS): New. The squad figures out the identity the serial killer they have been investigating and work with the FBI to bring him in before he kills again.
- Being Erica (SOAPnet): Repeats. The previous four episodes replay tonight to get you ready for the second season finale this Wednesday.
- Challenge (Food Network): New. Four cake decorators compete to make the best SpongeBob SquarePants cakes for a big fan. Plays again later.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Maneet Chauhan challenges Iron Chef Morimoto. Plays again later.
- ABC has doubleheader NBA action with the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Boston Celtics followed by the San Antonio Spurs at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- CBS has final round coverage of the LPGA Kraft Nabisco Tournament.
- ESPN has the Final Four games from the NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament.
- ESPN2 has Sunday Night Baseball with the New York Yankees at the Boston Red Sox.
- NBC has NHL action early.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Monday’s episode, “Tell Me I’m No Racist,” replays.
- Justified (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Fixer,” replays.
- Merlin (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday’s second season premiere episode, “The Curse of Cornelius Signan,” replays.
- Stargate Universe (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday’s midseason premiere episode, “Space,” replays.
Bravo has nine episodes of The Real Housewives of ….
Discovery Channel has six episodes of Dirty Jobs.
Lifetime has eight Love’s … TV movies that are based on Janette Oke novels.
Oxygen has 11 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Syfy has the three-part, six-hour Stephen King’s Rose Red miniseries followed by the four-part, eight-hour Stephen King’s The Stand miniseries.
TLC has 14 episodes of Little People, Big World.
TNT has six episodes of Law & Order super early.
Travel Channel has five episodes of Food Paradise early.
WE has six episodes of My Fair Wedding With David Tutera.