News & Notes
Over on cable, ABC Family has the TV movie premiere of Beauty & the Briefcase, Discovery Channel has the first season finale of Life, Food Network has the third season finale of Ultimate Recipe Showdown and the second season premiere of Chefs vs. City, HGTV has an HGTV Green Home 2010 special, History has the third season finale of Ax Men, ID has the second season premiere of On the Case With Paula Zahn, and Syfy has the miniseries premiere of Riverworld.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Homer gets friendly with Chief Wiggum while completing community service. Bart gets addicted to a Japanese game. Runs 30 minutes.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Lynette finally finds out the truth about her potential daughter-in-law. Gaby doesn’t really think things through before she offers to help Bob and Lee with a problem. Runs 61 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Kevin won’t even attend his own birthday party, as he is still dealing with what he recently found out. Tommy, Justin, and Kevin try to find out what Dennis really wants. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Challenge (Food Network): New. Four sugar artists compete to create the best sci-fi scenes. Plays again later.
The Pacific (HBO): New. This is Part 6 of 10. The airfield at Peleliu is the battlefield and the The Marines attempt to take it, while suffering from a lack of clean water and unbearable heat. Leckie is injured and evacuated. Sledge learns what it takes to be able to fight another day. Plays again later.
Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Joan is not healing as fast as was expected. Roxy is stressing over how much a new baby will add to their financial problems. Denise and Frank try to support Jeremy. Plays again later.
- Beauty & the Briefcase (ABC Family): TV Movie Premiere. The Daniella Brodsky’s book, “Diary of a Working Girl,” gets the TV movie treatment. It stars Hilary Duff (Lizzie McGuire) as Lane Daniels, a fashion writer that wants to move up that gets her shot. She sells a cover story to Cosmopolitan that puts her on assignment to go undercover and find true love in the business world that happens to be filled with lots of eligible men. Runs two hours. Plays twice and again tomorrow night.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Gus is trying to get Walt back in the business. Skyler is having some relationship doubts. Marie is concerned for Hank. Runs 62 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- Riverworld (Syfy): Miniseries Premiere. A journalist, played by Tahmoh Penikett (Dollhouse, Battlestar Galactica), and his wife, played by Laura Vandervoort (V, Smallville), get killed on Earth and wake-up in a strange world where souls are reborn. Runs four hours. Plays twice and again tomorrow.
- The Tudors (HBO): New. Lady Rochford offers to help Thomas Culpepper seduce Queen Katherine. Henry begins to feel his age. Plays again later.
- Treme (HBO): New. ???. Plays again later.
- ABC has first round NBA Playoffs action with Game 1 of the team that shall not be named at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the New York Mets at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- FOX has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Samsung Mobile 500.
- NBC has NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs action early.
- TBS has MLB action early with the Tampa Bay Rays at the Boston Red Sox.
- TNT has tripleheader first round NBA Playoffs action with Game 1 of the Charlotte Bobcats at the Orlando Magic, Game 1 of the San Antonio Spurs at the Dallas Mavericks, and Game 1 of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Phoenix Suns.
- Versus has NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs action.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Monday’s episode, “You Were His Little Monkey,” replays.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): Repeats. The third episode, “Do Over,” and the fourth episode, “The Chinese Wall,” replay.
- Justified (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “The Lord of War and Thunder,” replays.
Discovery Channel has 11 episodes of Life.
History has 13 episodes of Ax Men.
Oxygen has 13 episodes of Snapped.
Spike TV has nine episodes of Deadliest Warrior.
TLC has six episodes of Moving Up.
TNT has five episodes of Law & Order super early.
Travel Channel has 10 episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
WE has seven episodes of My Fair Wedding With David Tutera.