News & Notes
On cable tonight, Bravo has a The Millionaire Matchmaker reunion special, MTV has the second season finale of 16 & Pregnant with a reunion special following, Nat Geo Wild has a Hunt for the Giant Octopus special, Planet Green has the series premiere of Treehugger TV, Sundance has the second season premiere of The Lazy Environmentalist, Spike TV has the second season premiere of Deadliest Warrior.
NCIS (CBS): Repeat. The “Faith” episode from earlier this season replays, where Gibbs’ father comes to visit for Christmas.
Lost (ABC): New. Things get interesting as the two camps merge together. New alliances are forged and old ones broken. Runs 62 minutes.
Justified (FX): New. Raylan deals with a widow as he looks for some missing art of her late husband. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice and again later. Raylan is kind of like Columbo, but with an itchy trigger finger. He pretty much pesters you until you make a mistake and he solves the case. Yes, this episode falls mostly under the not serialized enough idea, but then next week completely turns that on its head and goes almost totally serialized. Each episode has its own case, but there are elements that run through the entire series. Some episodes have the case completely further the serialization of the series. I really like the mix. This episode revolves around a bizarre set of paintings and those who would buy them, but it also has a great ending regarding that. An ending that also moves part of Raylan’s story forward. Walton Goggins (The Shield) is back for this and the next episode as the now incarcerated Boyd Crowder that Raylan shot at the end of the first episode.
Doctor Who (BBC America): Repeat. The season five premiere episode, “The Eleventh Hour,” replays, where the new Doctor has only 20 minutes to save the world.
Survivors (BBC America): New. Many of the survivors reunite and find a thriving community. Abby is investigating the lab and the people she met there. Plays again later.
Parenthood (NBC): New. Amber’s old boyfriend has come to town and the family is put on alert. Zeke takes Adam on a trip for some bonding. Joel and Julia begin to worry that their daughter may have the same thing as Max.
- Chopped (Food Network): New. Ground turkey has to be used in a new way. One competitor gets the jitters. Plays again later.
- Glee (FOX): New. Mr. Schuester thinks that the girls in the group are being disrespected by the guys, so he assigns them to sing some of Madonna’s greatest hits.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): New. A ballerina at a prestigious conservatory is found dead and the detectives of Major Case investigate. Plays again later.
- Life Unexpected (The CW): Repeat. Episodes begin replaying on the night starting with Ep.8, “Bride Unbridled,” where Baze and Math crash a wedding expo being hosted by Cate and Ryan.
- V (ABC): New. Valerie has gone on the run, as she doesn’t trust Ryan any longer. Anna and Chad are going to a U.N. summit on energy. Erica learns that the Fifth Column is being investigated. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
- NBA TV has NBA Playoffs action with Game 2 of Portland Trail Blazers at the Phoenix Suns.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA Playoffs action with Game 2 of the Miami Heat at the Boston Celtics followed by the team that shall not be named at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Versus has NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs action.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last night’s season three finale episode, “The Next One Goes in Your Throat” replays. Runs 90 minutes.
Bravo has nine episodes of The Millionaire Matchmaker.
Discovery Channel has seven episodes of Overhaulin’.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV has 11 episodes of Deadliest Warrior.
Travel Channel has seven episodes of Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmern.
USA has 16 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE has five episodes of Amazing Wedding Cakes early.