News & Notes
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has a How the Universe Works special followed by a Into the Universe With Stephen Hawking special, Discovery Health has an Anxious and an Enraged special, Planet Green has a Greensburg: A Final Look special, Style has the third season finale of Ruby, TLC has a Seeing vs. Believing special, and TV Guide Channel has a Hollywood’s Hottest Moms special.
In late night, Cartoon Network has the third season premiere of Adult Swim’s The Boondocks.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Authorities suspend civil liberties after radiation is leaked into Springfield. Runs 30 minutes.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Angie’s ex, played by John Barrowman (Torchwood), finally shows himself. Gaby and Susan have quite the scheme brewing. Lynette gets a glimpse of Eddie’s other side. Runs 61 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Cooper is acting out, as Luc joins the family. Justin is trying to find his passion for medicine. Kevin is trying to get used to being unemployed. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
The Amazing Race (CBS): New. Teams are having trouble with the language barrier.
The Pacific (HBO): New. This is Part 8 of 10. Basilone is tired of campaigning for war bonds and wants to go back and train the troops. Plays again later.
Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Claudia Joy reflects on her past after running into an old friend while on a college campus visit with her daughter. Pamela is trying to figure out what it would mean if she divorced Chase. Plays again later.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Hank and Jesse get into it. Skyler wants Walt to make a deal. Runs 62 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- Cold Case (CBS): Season Finale. Two episodes play tonight. Up first, the death of a 1989 prom queen is investigated. Rush is unwilling to give her sister another chance, even after her father asks her to do so. In the finale, Valens is helping Rush look for her sister. Jeffries is trying to finally close a case that has been bothering him for 17 years.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Geoffrey Zakarian challenges Iron Chef Morimoto. Plays again later.
- The Tudors (HBO): New. Henry is reinvigorated after his warm reception in the North. A former lover is blackmailing the Queen. Plays again later.
- Treme (HBO): New. Antoine visits his sons in Baton Rouge. LaDonna and Toni try to find out about the case of mistaken identity. Plays again later.
- ABC has doubleheader NBA Playoffs action with Game 7 of the Milwaukee Bucks at the Atlanta Hawks followed by Game 1 of the Utah Jazz at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the New York Mets at the Philadelphia Phillies.
- NBC has NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs action.
- TBS has MLB action early with the Chicago White Sox at the New York Yankees.
- Versus has NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs action tonight.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): Repeats. The seventh episode, “Magic Bullet,” and the eighth episode, “Crazy,” replay.
- House (USA): Repeat. The “Knight Fall” episode from a couple weeks ago on FOX replays, where a man living in a community that follows the ideals of the Renaissance.
- Justified (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Blind Spot,” replays.
A&E has nine episodes of Gene Simmons Family Jewels.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
FX is playing Elektra, Daredevil, Spider-Man 2.1, Spider-Man 3, X-Men: The Last Stand, and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
Oxygen has 24 episodes of Snapped.
TLC has six episodes of Untold Stories of the E.R..
TNT has 10 episodes of Law & Order super early.
USA has nine episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE has six episodes of Amazing Wedding Cakes.