News & Notes
Tonight, ABC begins to burn off the remaining episodes of Happy Town, FOX has premiere of the Wednesday edition of So You Think You Can Dance, and NBC has the premiere of the Wednesday edition of America’s Got Talent.
Over on cable, Comedy Central has the second summer season premiere of Tosh.0, Planet Green has the third season finale of Wa$ted, Syfy has the first summer season premiere of Ghost Hunters Academy, TBS has new episodes of Tyler Perry’s House of Payne moving up to lead off the night followed by the series premiere of Are We There Yet? and that will be followed by new episodes of Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns, and TLC has the third season premiere of Toddlers & Tiaras.
In late night, Spike TV has the series premiere of Half Pint Brawlers.
Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. The “All Star Grill-Off” episode from Sunday replays, where three female Food Network stars take on three male Food Network stars. Plays again later.
MythBusters (Discovery Channel): New. Adam and Jaime are playing with fire, while the rest of the gang is playing with fireworks. Plays again later.
In Plain Sight (USA): New. A woman’s protection status is in jeopardy and she goes to Mary for help. Plays again later.
- Are We There Yet? (TBS): Series Premiere. I’ve never seen either of the two movies that this series is based on, but apparently it picks up the story some six months after they have married and he has moved in with them. The movies starred Ice Cube and the series is executive produced by him. He does make a guest appearance as the kids’ uncle, which might have been the worst part of the premiere episode. Terry Crews (Everybody Hates Chris) has taken over Cube’s character from the movies. I actually think the premise makes for a good idea as the basis of a family sitcom, but I really didn’t like what they did with it. It wasn’t all that funny, but it was more the form that the show took. It had no flow. It’s like a bunch of little vignettes tacked together with annoying transitions. I just couldn’t get into it.
- Dinner: Impossible (Food Network): New. Robert is tasked with feeding 400 volunteers from around the country at Disney World. Plays again later.
- Modern Family (ABC): Repeat. The “Game Changer” episode replays, where Phil is expecting an iPad for his birthday and Claire is having trouble finding one for him.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby competes in a cheesy hot dog competition. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- ESPN has Wednesday Night Baseball with the Cincinnati Reds at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- ESPN2 has men’s quarterfinals action from the French Open tennis tournament early.
- Versus has Game 3 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals with the Chicago Blackhawks at the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Abiquiu,” replays. Runs 62 minutes.
Bravo has nine episodes of Top Chef.
Oxygen has episodes of Snapped most of the day.
Spike TV has 11 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
Syfy has five episodes of Ghost Hunters International followed by six episodes of Ghost Hunters Academy.
TLC has eight episodes of Toddlers & Tiaras.
USA has eight episodes of Royal Pains early and six episodes of NCIS tonight.
WE has five episodes of Little Miss Perfect early.