News & Notes
Tonight, FOX begins burning off the remaining episodes of Sons of Tucson and NBC has a The Making of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter special.
Over on cable, E! has the second season finale of Kendra, Food Network has the sixth season premiere of The Next Food Network Star, HGTV has the seventh season finale of Holmes on Homes, History has the fourth season premiere of Ice Road Truckers and the series premiere of Top Shot, Lifetime has the second season premiere of Drop Dead Diva, MTV has the 2010 MTV Movie Awards, National Geographic has the series premiere of Expedition Great White, TLC has a couple of Kate Plus 8 specials, and WE has a Bridezillas special followed by the seventh season premiere and the third season premiere of My Fair Wedding.
In late night, MTV has the series premiere of The Hard Times of RJ Berger.
Challenge (Food Network): New. Four cake designers compete in a “Toy Story 3 Cakes” competition. Plays again later.
Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): Season Premiere. Jane deals with the husband she didn’t know she had, as Tony defends her at her disbarment hearing. Plays again later two times. The first season was one of the surprises of last season. I very much enjoyed it. Yes, it’s a lawyer show, but it has a fun little twist. I like when a show takes a type of show we’ve seen many times before, but gives it something that makes it stand apart. Season two gets off to a very Glee-ful start with guest star Paula Abdul. The episode does a really good job of cleaning up all the cliffhangers and problems facing Jane Bingum, the wonderful Brooke Elliot, at the end of season one. I am definitely on board for another season. What about you?
Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Joan gets news about returning home. Emmalin gets injured. Things seem to be getting worse between Pamela and Chase. Plays again later.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Jesse goes against advice and Walt tries to intervene on his behalf. Runs 62 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): New. The competition begins as the 12 competitors arrive in Los Angeles for their first test. Runs two hours. Plays again later.
- Treme (HBO): New. The city is gearing up for Fat Tuesday. LaDonna back burners her bad news. Albert gets a message. Plays again later.
- The Tudors (Showtime): New. The king’s health has weakened. Brandon is back from France. Plays again later.
- ABC has Game 2 of the NBA Finals with the Boston Celtics at the Los Angeles Lakers tonight.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Milwaukee Brewers at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- NBC has the men’s final from the French Open tennis tournament early and later tonight has Game 5 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals with the Philadelphia Flyers at the Chicago Blackhawks.
- TBS has MLB action early with the New York Yankees at the Toronto Blue Jays.
- TNT has NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup: Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500.
- Justified (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Fathers and Sons,” replays.
A&E has eight episodes of The First 48.
Bravo has 11 episodes of The Real Housewives of….
FX has six episodes of Lie to Me.
History has 14 episodes of Ice Road Truckers.
MTV has nine episodes of 16 and Pregnant.
Oxygen has six episodes of Snapped early and another nine later.
Travel Channel has nine episodes of Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmern.
truTV has six episodes of Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest Criminals.
USA has 12 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE has 12 episodes of Bridezillas.