News & Notes
Tonight, FOX has Lie to Me returning from its long second season hiatus and The Good Guys follows in its regular summer timeslot and NBC has the seventh season premiere of Last Comic Standing and the series premiere of Persons Unknown.
Over on cable, ABC Family has the third season premiere of The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Animal Planet has the series premiere of Last American Cowboy, HBO has a Smash His Camera special, History has the second season premiere of American Pickers and the third season premiere of Pawn Stars, Oxygen has the fifth season finale of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood, TBS has the series premiere of Neighbors From Hell, Showtime has the second season finales of Nurse Jackie and The United States of Tara, TLC has a Mega Bites special, truTV has the second season premiere of All Worked Up, USA has a WWE Raw special, VH1 has the second season premiere of Behind the Music and VH1 Hip Hop Honors: The Dirty South special, and WE has The Best of Amazing Wedding Cakes With David Tutera.
In late night, Oxygen has the second season premiere of Dance Your Ass Off.
Lie to Me (FOX): New. Lightman is attempting to show that a charming psychology student is actually a psychopath.
The Good Guys (FOX): New. Dan and Jack end up on the trail of a group of criminals that stolen a large number of vintage cars.
Saving Grace (TNT): New. Capt. Perry is facing a big life change. Grace’s brother is trying to help Rhetta and Ronnie communicate better. Plays again later. The series finale is in two weeks on June 21st.
- The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network): New. Food Network personalities talk about the foods they find “Simply Irresistible.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy checks out some places that serve “Comfort Food With Attitude.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Neighbors From Hell (TBS): Series Premiere. A family of demons is sent to the suburbs in Texas by Satan to infiltrate an energy company that has developed a drill that can make it to the center of the Earth. Runs 30 minutes. Part of the premise of the show is that they are to use the years of TV the father has watched to attempt to integrate into their new home, which sounds like something I would like. Unfortunately, it was not funny at all. Of all the new shows coming this summer that I have seen, which is most of them, this is the worst. Now, I don’t really watch a lot of the animated comedies out there, but at least on the rare occasion that I watch one of them they usually are good for a couple of laughs. So, if you are looking for an unfunny South Park, then this might just be for you.
- Nurse Jackie (Showtime): Season Finale. Jackie is back at work and can no longer avoid all those confrontations she has been trying to avoid. Plays again later.
- Persons Unknown (NBC): Series Premiere. Seven people get taken from their homes and dumped in a small deserted remote town. They have no idea how they got there or why them. They must try to work together to solve the mystery and attempt to get back.
- United States of Tara (Showtime): Season Finale. Tara talks to her parents about her childhood at Charmaines’s wedding. Kate and Marshall find out a secret. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball MLB action with the San Diego Padres at the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. The fourth season premiere episode, “Friends & Enemies,” replays.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s second season premiere episode, “Would I Lie?,” replays.
- In Plain Sight (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Death Becomes Her,” replays.
ABC Family has 10 episodes of The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
Animal Planet has eight episodes of Animal Cops: Houston.
Bravo has 13 episodes of The Real Housewives of….
History has 12 episodes of American Pickers.
MTV2 has 15 episodes of Life of Ryan.
Oxygen has episodes of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood most of the day.
Spike TV has all 10 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
Syfy has 14 episodes of Ghost Whisperer.
USA has 12 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
WE has seven episodes of Amazing Wedding Cakes.