News & Notes
Over on cable, Bravo has the seventh season premiere of Top Chef, Discovery Channel has a MythBusters Top 25 Moments special, Planet Green has the series premiere of The Fabulous Beekman Boys, National Geographic has the first season finale of Repossessed!, TBS has the third season finale of Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns, Travel Channel has the series premiere of Bert the Conqueror, and TV Land has the series premiere of Hot in Cleveland.
In late night, HGTV has the first season finale of Tough as Nails.
TV’s Greatest Surprises: A Paley Center for Media Special (CBS): New. Jeff Probst hosts a countdown of 30 of the most surprising moments in TV history. Many of the actors and producers involved with each of them are interviewed. Runs 90 minutes.
Rules of Engagement (CBS): Repeat. The “May Divorce Be With You” episode from season three replays, where Audrey invites a friend, guest star Tony Hale (Chuck, Arrested Development), to stay with her and Jeff after she finds out he is having marital problems. Runs 30 minutes.
In Plain Sight (USA): New. Mary agrees to help find the birth parents of her latest witness, which opens up new set of problems. Brandi is becoming untrusting of Scott after he needs money. Plays again later. The previous three episodes replay earlier in the morning. The show was recently cut back to 13 episodes due to the showrunner needing to take a leave of absence.
- Dinner: Impossible (Food Network): New. Robert has to match up some food combinations to celebrate the 2000th episode of Divorce Court. Plays again later.
- Hot in Cleveland (TV Land): Series Premiere. Valerie Bertinelli (Touched by and Angel, One Day at a Time), Jane Leeves (Frasier), Wendie Malick (Just Shoot Me), and Betty White (The Golden Girls) star in TV Land’s first original scripted show comedy about three friends that end up moving into a house the White’s character lives after their flight to Paris gets grounded in Cleveland. Plays again later.
- Modern Family (ABC): Repeat. “Travels With Scout” replays, where Claire isn’t sure what to do when Phil’s father shows up with a dog unexpectedly and a movie scares Manny. While I didn’t quite buy the Manny storyline it was still funny and very well done, but the Phil and his father and the stuff with the dog was hilarious. One of my favorite episodes from the first season.
- MythBusters (Discovery Channel): New. Counts down the 25 best myths that have been busted on the show. Runs two hours. Plays again later.
- The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Sweet to Savory Carnival,” replays. Plays again later.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby competes in a “Quiche” competition. Plays again later.
- ESPN has three 2010 World Cup Soccer games early and later has Wednesday Night Baseball MLB action with the Philadelphia Phillies at the New York Yankees.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. This past Sunday’s third season finale episode, “Full Measure,” replays. Runs 62 minutes. The show has been picked up for a fourth season.
BET has 10 episodes of Everybody Hates Chris.
Bravo has 12 episodes of Top Chef: Las Vegas leading up to tonight’s Top Chef: Washington D.C. premiere.
History has five episodes of MonsterQuest that play two times today.
Oxygen has six episodes of Snapped tonight.
Spike TV has 11 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
Syfy has 16 episodes of Tales From the Darkside early.
Travel Channel has 25 episodes of Man v. Food.
USA has nine episodes of NCIS.
WE has six episodes of Raising Sextuplets early.