News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the series premieres of Rookie Blue and Boston Med.
Over on cable, Bravo has a The Real Housewives of New York City special, Comedy Central has the sixth season premiere of Futurama, TBS has a How to Build a Perfect Grown Up special, and WE has the second season premiere of Raising Sextuplets.
Last day to enter our USA Network Burn Notice prize pack and Royal Pains prize pack giveaways.
Community (NBC): Repeat. The “Introduction to Statistics” episode replays, where Jeff has to decide between his date with a hot professor or Annie’s Day of the Dead party.
100 Questions (NBC): New. This week’s story revolves around how Charlotte and Wayne first met.
Burn Notice (USA): New. Michael and Sam get unexpectedly caught up in a hostage situation. Fiona is helping Jesse find some information on a recently deceased gunrunner. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays earlier in the day.
Royal Pains (USA): New. Hank is researching some treatments for Boris with another doctor. While away, Divya deals with Hank’s replacement, the magnificent Anastasia Griffith (Trauma, Damages) who we briefly met at the end of last week’s episode. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays earlier in the day.
- Good Eats (Food Network): New. Alton wood fires some thin crust pizzas. A repeat episode plays right before. Both play again later.
- Rookie Blue (ABC): Series Premiere. Five rookie cops just out of the academy find themselves having quite the first day on the job. The show stars Missy Peregrym (Reaper) and Gregory Smith (Everwood) as two of the rookies. This is an okay show and maybe it will get better, but the first episode is very conventional. Just about everything you’d expect to happen, does. Like, the training officers the three of them get paired up with. For example, the by-the-book rookie gets paired up with the training officer that doesn’t exactly follow the book. Also, I’ve heard this referred to as Grey’s Anatomy with cops, but if that is what they were going for, they missed the mark. I like the idea of following rookie cops, as that was the best part of the first two seasons of Southland. But, as a cop show, there are better options for your summer viewing pleasure with The Closer, Flashpoint, The Good Guys, Rizzoli & Isles, and possibly The Glades, although I haven’t seen that last one yet. As a show in general, it feels average in both filming and scripting. For Thursday shows, Burn Notice is the best option in the time period. I will probably checkout a couple more episodes to see if it progresses, as I like both Peregrym and Smith. But, I don’t hold out much hope.
- ESPN has a couple 2010 FIFA World Cup games early and later coverage of the NBA Draft.
- ESPN2 has coverage of Wimbledon and a College World Series later.
- Golf Channel has first round coverage of the LPGA Championship golf tournament.
A&E has five episodes of The First 48 tonight.
Bravo has five and then a couple hours later another five episodes of The Real Housewives of New York City.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Roseanne.
Spike TV has 10 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
Syfy has eight episodes of Early Edition early and tonight the four-part, eight-hour Stephen King’s The Stand miniseries.