Tonight on the Tube: Drop Dead Diva, Entourage S.7 Premiere & Leverage
News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has The 37th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards.
Over on cable, BET has the BET Awards ’10, HBO has the second season premiere of Hung and the seventh season premiere of Entourage, TBS has Ellen’s Somewhat Special Special and the Team Coco Presents Conan’s Writers special, TLC has the Out of Control Drivers 1 & 2 specials, and VH1 has the first season finale of Brandy & Ray J: A Family Business.
Unnatural History (Cartoon Network): New. Some agents are trying to steal parts of Sputnik. Plays twice.
Leverage (TNT): New. Two more episodes play tonight. Up first is “The Inside Job,” where Parker is stuck in a building with a top line security system while working on a job for her mentor and the team must come to her rescue. In the second, the team has to time their heist with the music of a concert. Both play again later. Another couple of great episodes, but the first of the two, “The Inside Job,” might just be my favorite episode of the show thus far. Co-creator and executive producer John Rogers (@jonrog1) makes his directorial debut. Read about his experience at iF Magazine. Beth Riesgraf (@BethJRiesgraf) gets a chance to expand on her character, as we find out a bit more about her past. The crew has really come together now and this episode provides multiple moments that show just how much. Plus, it hits on everything we love about the show including a great scene to end the episode. The second episode tonight, “The Scheherazade Job,” is a good one too. This one revolves around Aldis Hodge’s (@Aldishodge02) Hardison and a skill from his childhood. Once again there is a nice twist at the end. As of next week there will be only single episodes each Sunday night.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Joan visits the doctor. Denise goes to Pamela for help locating a caller while on dispatch duty. Trevor shows he can be a leader. Plays again later.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Tony gets some news that could affect his future with Jane. Grayson is selling his house that he lived in with Deb. Plays again later two times.
- Entourage (HBO): Season Premiere. The director talks Vince into doing his own stunt on his new action movie. Drama is after Lloyd to get him a part in a new project. Runs 30 minutes and follows Hung. Plays again later.
- The Gates (ABC): New. Nick begins to get disturbed the more he finds out about The Gates during his investigation of the death of the former police chief. Claire attempts to try and put her past behind her once again.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Ed Brown from New York takes on Iron Chef Michael Symon. Plays again later.
- The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): New. The remaining nine contestants are challenged to use one of nine different peppers in a dish for a chance to get the dish on the menu at Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill. The elimination challenge has them competing in teams to give a new take on three guest chefs’ favorite dishes. Plays again later.
- Scoundrels (ABC): New. Cheryl gets a job at the local grocery store and Heather goes to work at the Burger Barn. Both struggle with the new jobs, as does Cal as the Hongs’ new pool boy.
- True Blood (HBO): New. Sookie continues searching for Bill and ends up in Jackson, MS. Arlene deals with some unexpected news. Plays again later.
- ABC has 2010 FIFA World Cup action.
- ESPN has 2010 FIFA World Cup action early and later Sunday Night Baseball MLB action with the New York Yankees at the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Golf Channel has final round coverage of the LPGA Championship.
- NBC has early round Wimbledon coverage.
- TBS has MLB action with the Detroit Tigers at the Atlanta Braves.
- TNT NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup: Lennox Industrial Tools 301.
- Hot in Cleveland (TV Land): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Who’s Your Mama,” replays.
A&E has 11 episodes of Criminal Minds.
History has five episodes of Gangland.
Oxygen has seven episodes of America’s Got Talent.
Spike TV has all 10 episodes of Band of Brothers.
Syfy has 10 episodes of Eureka.
truTV has five episodes of Party Heat.