News & Notes
On cable tonight, A&E has the ninth season premiere of Intervention and the second season premiere of Obsessed, ABC Family has the series premiere of Huge and the second season premiere of Make It or Break It, and HBO has a Kevorkian special.
Lie to Me (FOX): New. Lightman is trying to save an Iraq war veteran and it brings him to deal with events from his own past.
The Good Guys (FOX): New. After a drug smuggler gets set free because of Dan’s unlawful interrogation tactics, he vows to solve a crime using only the money he has on him. Episodes will only play on FOX Mondays as of tonight. You won’t find replays on Fridays or over on FX any longer.
Make It or Break It (ABC Family): Season Premiere. The girls are starting to question Sasha’s idea in taking on the National Committee as members of the National Team are being selected to compete in France.
- The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network): New. Food Network personalities talk about the best “Burgers” they’ve ever had. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Big Break Sandals Resorts (Golf Channel): New. Allegiances are tested ast the remaining ladies face another challenge and the prospect of going home. Replays multiple times throughout the week.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy checks out some places serving where the food goes from “Farm to Table.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Huge (ABC Family): Series Premiere. The story revolves around seven teenagers at a weight loss camp. It stars Nikki Blonksy (Hairspray) as one of the teens and Gina Torres (Firefly) as the camp director. Plays again tomorrow following Pretty Little Liars. This is not a very good show. Don’t know if Blonsky will be featured, as the semi-lead in each episode, as she is in tonight’s episode, but if she is that isn’t a good thing. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that is going to be the case going forward. Her character is not very likable and that’s a real problem given that the episode revolves mostly around her. You may have some trouble following the story, well not really, because you’ll be multiple steps ahead at all times. Everything leads to an ending that you’ll swear you’ve seen 100 times before. Now, let me say that the setting is interesting and different enough to have potential. Like in this case, a story you’ve seen before, but set in a place that you haven’t might be good, if you like the characters and the actors’ performances bring a little something to them. This is not the case here, so I don’t see myself keeping up with this one.
- Persons Unknown (NBC): New. The night manager informs the detainees that one of them will be checking out. Moves up a couple of hours this week and leads off the night for NBC.
- ESPN has a couple 2010 FIFA World Cup games and later Game 1 of the College World Series Finals.
- ESPN2 has early round play from Wimbledon early and later Monday Night Baseball MLB action with the Washington Nationals at the Atlanta Braves.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Breach of Faith,” replays.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Home & Away,” replays.
- In Plain Sight (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “WITSEC Stepmother,” replays.
Bravo has seven episodes of The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
Oxygen has 13 episodes of Roseanne early.
Spike TV has 10 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
Syfy has eight episodes of Tru Calling early.
WE has seven episodes of Girl Meets Gown early and later 10 episodes of The Golden Girls.