News & Notes
On cable tonight, BBC America has the second season finale of Ashes to Ashes, FX has the seventh season premiere of Rescue Me, History has a 10 Ways to Kill Bin Laden special, and IFC has the second season finale of Food Party.
In late night, FX has the series premiere of Louie.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): New. The girls are trying to figure out who “A.” is and put an end to the messages. Plays again next Tuesday before the next new episode. Last week’s episode, “To Kill a Mocking Girl,” replays right before tonight’s episode. ABC Family has picked the show up for another 12 episodes or what is now a full 22-episode season.
Life Unexpected (The CW): Repeat. The fourth episode, “Turtle Undefeated,” replays, where Lux is trying to impress some of her new schoolmates by throwing a party at Baze’s place. Cate wants to be closer to Lux, like the way she sees Lux with Baze.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): New. Nichols has to deal with his past when he investigates the murder of an old friend that was a loner book dealer that lived only with his troubled daughter. Plays again later.
- Chopped (Food Network): New. Four chefs compete and the first course presents some worrisome dishes to the judges. Plays again later.
- Cupcake Wars (Food Network): New. Two cupcake bakers compete with high expectations and some really wacky ingredients, as Ace of Cakes‘ Duff Goldman joins in as a guest judge. Plays again later.
- Memphis Beat (TNT): New. Dwight is searching for a missing truck driver. He also is attempting to deal with his mother dating a guy he doesn’t trust. Plays again later.
- Rescue Me (FX): Season Premiere. Tommy is shaken by a vision as he tries to reconnect with friends and family. The firehouse is dealing with department cut backs. Plays again later.
- ESPN a couple 2010 FIFA World Cup games early and later Game 2 of the College World Series Finals.
- ESPN2 has women’s quarterfinals action from Wimbledon.
- NBC has women’s quarterfinals action from Wimbledon.
- In Plain Sight (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “WITSEC Stepmother,” replays.
- Louie (FX): Series Premiere. A new comedy series starring Louis C.K. (@louisck) that is loosely based on his life where things usually go wrong. He is a single father of two and stand-up comic living in New York. Each episode consists of two different stories that may or may not connect. In this first episode he deals with a school field trip with his daughter and a first date. Plays twice and again later twice. I have not laughed as much at anything in quite some time than I did at the first episode of this show. That wasn’t necessarily the case with the next three. Those episodes make you realize why FX moved the show into late night, as some of the topics covered seem more like something you would expect to see on HBO or Showtime. Louis C.K. definitely has an interesting view of things, as he kind of comes off like Seinfeld Raw with his observational humor. The show inter-mixes his stand-up with the stories. While I would say this is a watch with caution type of show, this first episode is just great and very funny. Will have more to say about future episodes in the weeks to come.
A&E has 12 episodes of Parking Wars tonight.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV has 10 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
Syfy has seven episodes of Warehouse 13 early.
USA has 16 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.