News & Notes
On cable tonight, Lifetime has the eighth season premiere of Project Runway and the series premiere of On the Road With Austin & Santino, MTV has the second season premiere of Jersey Shore, and TLC has a Cellblock 6: Female Lockup – Mothers and Daughters Behind Bars special.
In late night, Showtime has a Kevin Pollack: The Littlest Suspect comedy special.
Community (NBC): Repeat. The “Investigative Journalism” episode replays, where Jeff joins the school paper and the group gets a new member.
30 Rock (NBC): Repeat. The “Future Husband” episode replays, where Liz is trying to track down a man she met at her dentist’s office.
Burn Notice (USA): New. Fiona gets taken while trying to protect a wealthy businessman at his home. Michael, Sam and Jesse have to rescue her. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Past & Future Tense,” replays right before.
Royal Pains (USA): New. Hank has to treat his high school nemesis. Meanwhile, Evan attempts to find out what kind of guy Raj really is by throwing him a bachelor party. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Comfort’s Overrated,” replays earlier in the day.
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. A castle cake presents the biggest architectural challenge they have faced to date. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Glee (FOX): Repeat. The “Wheels” episode from this past season replays, where everyone tries performing in wheelchairs to support Artie. This is my favorite episode from the first season.
- ESPN has first round coverage of the Women’s British Open golf tournament early and later coverage of the X Games.
- ESPN2 has first round coverage of the U.S. Senior Open golf tournament right up here in my neck of the woods, literally.
- Eureka (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “All the Rage,” replays.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. This past Sunday’s fourth season premiere episode, “Public Relations,” replays.
- Rizzoli & Isles (TNT): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “Sympathy for the Devil,” replays.
- White Collar (USA): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Copycat Caffrey,” replays.
Bravo has five episodes of Top Chef: Washington D.C..
Nickelodeon has 14 episodes of The Nanny in late night.
Spike TV has five episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Syfy has eight episodes of The Outer Limits early.
USA has 16 episodes of Burn Notice.