News & Notes
On cable tonight, A&E has the sixth season premiere of Criss Angel: Mindfreak special, Discovery Channel has a Best Bites: Shark Week’s Greatest Hits, ID has the third season finale of The Shift, National Geographic has the fourth season finale of Locked Up Abroad, Nat Geo Wild has the first season finale of Rebel Monkeys, Science has the series premiere of Wonders of the Solar System, TNT has the second season premiere of Dark Blue, and truTV has a Disorder in the Court special.
Enter our Covert Affairs prize pack giveaway that includes a t-shirt, hat, spy book and more.
The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Cooking for Eva Longoria,” replays. Plays again later.
Dark Blue (TNT): Season Premiere. Carter and his team end up having to work with the FBI on a case after their investigations get mixed up together. Another new episode follows. Both play again later. Review: Trisha Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) joins the cast and a really good edition she is. Her character’s introduction is done well and provides a new and interesting aspect to what was a slightly above average cop show in its first season. I’ve seen the first three episodes and they are really good. While you only get two of them tonight, the first three episodes build on each other and kind of play as one long introduction to the second season. It will make a nice addition to what has been a pretty sparse night of TV this summer. I could’ve taken it or left it after the first season, but seeing what they’ve done with the show, I’m glad TNT decide to bring it back.
Psych (USA): New. When a wealthy widow’s young date winds up murdered, Shawn and Gus end up pitting wits against a man they believe trained the young man to be a con man. Plays again later. Last week’s season premiere episode, “Not Even Close, Encounters,” replays earlier in the day. I will be visiting the set of Psych next Monday, so if you’ve got some questions for the cast, showrunners, writers, etc., start sending them my way.
- Hot in Cleveland (TV Land): New. A high school drama team ends up doing Victoria’s version of “Romeo & Juliet” after she volunteers to help. Runs 30 minutes.
- ESPN has Wednesday Night Baseball MLB action with the Chicago White Sox at the Detroit Tigers.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday night’s episode, “Where There’s Smoke,” replays.
- Haven (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday night’s episode, “Consumed,” replays.
- Leverage (TNT): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “The Boost Fishin’ Job,” replays.
- Royal Pains (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday night’s episode, “The Hankover,” replays.
- Rubicon (AMC): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s series premiere episodes both replay.
Bravo has eight episodes of Top Chef: Washington D.C.
Discovery Channel is all sharks all the time.
Nickelodeon has 16 episodes of George Lopez tonight into late night.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV has five episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Syfy has eight episodes of Early Edition early.
USA has five episodes of NCIS, last week’s Psych, and then another 10 episodes of NCIS leading up to tonight’s new Psych.