News & Notes
On cable tonight, ABC Family has the first season finale of Huge, BET has a My Mic Sounds Nice: A Truth About Women and Hip Hop special, Bravo has The Real Housewives of New Jersey reunion special, Cartoon Network has the series finale of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, E! has a Fashion Police: The 2010 Primetime Emmy Awards special, Food Network has the 10th season premiere of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, ID has the third season finale of Solved, MTV has the first season finale of Warren the Ape, Oxygen has the second season finale of Dance Your Ass Off, Nat Geo has the second season finale of Monster Fish, TLC has a Kate Plus 8: The Big Apple special and the series premiere of Quints By Surprise, TV One has the second season finale of Life After, and USA has the 900th episode of WWE Raw.
House (FOX): Repeat. “The Choice” episode from last season replays, where the guys end up out at karaoke.
The Closer (TNT): New. Brenda and the squad are investigating after three soldiers just back from Afghanistan are gunned down. Gary Cole guest-stars. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Jump the Gun,” replays right before.
Rizzoli & Isles (TNT): New. A body found shows signs of being the work of a serial killer, which puts Jane face to face once again with the guy that almost killed her, twice. Plays again later. Like the recurring nemesis type bad guys in these types of shows, but it is kind of early to go back to that well again already.
- The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network): New. Food Network personalities talk about what they would have for their “Last Supper.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- The Big C (Showtime): New. Another great episode has Cathy trying out a support group and dealing with a romantic gesture by her husband while planning a dinner party. Plays again later. Laura Linney is just a treat to watch in this role.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Season Premiere. Guy checks out some “Family Joints.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Repeat. “The Wedding Bride” episode from last season replays, where during a date at the movies, Ted finds out that the movie is loosely based on his life. In what was a pretty rough season for this show last season, this was one of the better episodes.
- Lie to Me (FOX): New. A missing woman leads the Lightman group into the world of adult films in the search for her.
- Weeds (Showtime): New. Nancy finds work at a hotel along with Silas and Andy while trying to stay under the radar in Seattle. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball MLB action with the New York Mets at the Atlanta Braves.
- ESPN2 has early round coverage of the U.S. Open tennis tournament.
- Covert Affairs (USA): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Communication Breakdown,” replays.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s second season finale episodes, “Bad Girls” and “Freeze the Day,” replay.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Waldorf Stories,” replays.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Ferry Tale,” replays.
- White Collar (USA): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Prisoner’s Dilemma,” replays.
Bravo has 13 episodes of The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
Nickelodeon has 18 episodes of George Lopez tonight and into late night.
Oxygen has eight episodes of Dance Your Ass Off early.
Spike TV has nine episodes of Hawaii Five-0.
Syfy has eight episodes of Doctor Who early followed by seven episodes of Ghost Whisperer.
Travel Channel has six episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations tonight.
USA has 12 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
WE has eight episodes of Amazing Wedding Cakes early and later 10 episodes of The Golden Girls.