Do you happen to know if/when the other networks will have a fall preview show?
The CW’s new fall season begins this week anyway, so you might as well just check out the shows, since there isn’t much other competition each night. I wasn’t able to find anything about an ABC Fall Preview show. Do you know of one? But, NBC has aired their fall preview periodically on some of their sister cable properties and I thought I’d seen it is available online as well. It is and you can watch the NBC Fall Preview 2010 show below:
I will have more in the days and weeks to come about the Fall 2010 TV Season, but can tell you briefly about some of the new shows NBC is promoting in the video above.
NBC has six new scripted series premiering this fall. They are Chase, The Event, Law & Order: Los Angeles, Outlaw, Outsourced, and UnderCovers.
- Chase – Premieres Monday, Sept. 20th following
Chuck and The Event. It’s a fast paced actioner with a good cast, but nothing special. They’ll be “chasing” down a bad guy/girl each week. It pales in comparison to time period rivals Castle on ABC and Hawaii Five-0 on CBS, both of which are much better options.
- The Event – Premieres Monday, Sept. 20th following Chuck and leading into Chase. It has an absolutely phenomenal cast and a great setup for a sci-fi tinged mystery thriller. I’m on board after the first episode, but am hoping it doesn’t turn out to be this season’s FlashForward. It’s definitely worth checking out. I keep going back-and-forth on whether it’s the best option in the time period between it and FOX’s newcomer Lone Star, which has a great setup as well, but some problems of its own.
- Law & Order: Los Angeles – Premieres Wednesday, Sept. 29th following Undercovers and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Haven’t seen it yet. But, other than a new cast and locale, we pretty much have.
- Outlaw – Premieres Wednesday, Sept. 15th, but will play on Friday nights starting Sept. 24th following Dateline NBC. Jimmy Smits is always good, but other than the twist of how he gets back into practicing law, there isn’t much here that hasn’t been seen before. I did like that the show gets the death row inmate about to be executed storyline out of the way in the first episode. They also try to setup an ongoing mystery around the lead, but it failed to grab my interest. You’ll be much better off watching CBS’ Blue Bloods, which airs in the same time period.
- Outsourced – Premieres Thursday, Sept. 23rd following Community, 30 Rock, and The Office. This show is in the running for worst new show of the Fall 2010 TV Season. NBC can’t bring back Parks & Recreation soon enough. If this lasts longer than three episodes, there something definitely wrong. Good idea, but extremely poor execution.
- UnderCovers – Premieres Wednesday, Sept. 22nd and leads off the night. It’s good with potential, but the first episode left me under whelmed. Given it’s J.J. Abrams pedigree, I definitely be giving it a few more episodes to hook me. Yet, there really isn’t anything else in the time period on the other networks worth watching anyway, so that should help.
Are there any new NBC shows for Fall 2010 that you are looking forward too? Or, that the NBC Fall 2010 Preview Show got you excited for? Give us your take in the comments.