News & Notes
On cable tonight, Disney Channel has Pair of Kings: Return of the Kings, E! has the series premiere of Fashion Police, History has a Voices From Inside the Towers special, IFC has the first season finale of Kids in the Hall: Death Comes to Town, TLC has the second season premiere of Four Weddings, Travel Channel has a couple of Ghost Adventures specials, and Syfy has the fourth summer season finale of Eureka.
In late night, Starz has the fifth season premiere of Martin Lawrence Presents 1st Amendment Stand-Up.
The Fall 2010 TV Season doesn’t really get started on Friday nights until Sept. 24th, when pretty much everything premieres.
On Episode 77, “Fall TV Preview 2010 – FOX & NBC,” of the TV times Three podcast, Amrie, Rae, and I talked about what new and returning FOX and NBC shows to keep an eye out for this fall and when they premiere. We also talked about Warehouse 13, Psych, and Eureka in our Primetime segment.
Hellcats (The CW): Repeat. The series premiere episode, “A World Full of Strangers,” from Wednesday replays. Next week’s episode will replay on Friday as well. Smallville returns to this time slot on Sept. 24th with the 10th and final premiere and will be followed by the Supernatural premiere.
Eureka (Syfy): Summer Finale. Alison, Carter, Fargo and Jo are searching for the stolen Global Dynamics project and find that Dr. Grant has a connection to Beverly. Plays again later. Thirteen episodes replay leading up to tonight’s episode. This season has been outstanding and I can’t wait for it to return.
Flashpoint (CBS): New. A 911 dispatcher doesn’t believe a girl about an intruder until gunshots are heard, but by the time the SRU gets there the girl has been abducted.
- Haven (Syfy): New. It seems that a shape-shifter has crashed Audrey’s surprise birthday party, but who is it and can they figure it out before someone else dies. Plays again later.
- Nikita (The CW): Repeat. Last night’s series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays. Next week’s episode will replay on Friday as well. Supernatural returns to this time slot on Sept. 24th.
- ESPN has college football action with West Virginia at Marshall.
- ESPN2 has NASCAR racing action with the Nationwide Series: Virginia 529 College Savings 250.
- The Glades (A&E): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Honey,” replays and again later.
- My Boys (TBS): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Puss ‘N’ Glutes,” replays.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s third season premiere episode, “SO,” replays.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Syfy has 14 episodes of Eureka.