News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the third season finale of Wipeout and the fourth season finale of Primetime: Crime, CBS has a Fashion’s Night Out 2010 special, The CW has the eighth season premiere of One Tree Hill and the second season premiere of Life Unexpected, and NBC has the second season premiere of Parenthood.
Over on cable, Comedy Central has the first season finale of Big Lake, Discovery Health has an 8 Boys Wanting a Girl and a Deadly Decisions at 13 special, History has a Sniper: Deadliest Missions special, IFC has the fourth season of The IT Crowd, MTV has the second season finale of Teen Mom, Science has an Underground War special, Spike TV has the third season premiere of 1000 Ways to Die, TLC has the series premiere of Sextuplets Take NY, and USA has the two-hour first season finale of Covert Affairs.
Premiering next Tuesday, Sept. 21st are ABC’s Detroit 187, CBS’ NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles, and FOX’s Glee, Raising Hope and Running Wilde. ABC’s No Ordinary Family, CBS’ The Good Wife, and Syfy’s Stargate Universe all premiere the following week on Sept. 28th.
Melissa & Joey (ABC Family): New. Mel puts in a nanny cam to spy on Joe. Runs 30 minutes. The previous two episodes replay earlier in the day and right before tonight’s new episode.
Warehouse 13 (Syfy): New. Pete, Myka and H.G. head to Warehouse 2 in search of something that might help after Mrs. Frederic falls ill. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Where and When,” replays right before. Season finale is next week.
Sons of Anarchy (FX): New. Gemma is dealing with some family issues. Jax and the club help a bounty hunter track someone down in exchange for helping get some info to help find Abel and where he might be. Plays again twice later. This is another fantastic episode. Some video interviews with the cast from my trip to Comic-Con back in July.
- Covert Affairs (USA): Season Finale. Two episodes play tonight to close out the first season. In the first, Annie attempts to get recruited by a group of smugglers. In the second, Ben Mercer walks into CIA headquarters and Annie has to face her past. Both play again later. The previous eight episodes of the season replay starting early.
- Glee (FOX): Repeats. The finale two episodes from season one replay, “Theatricality” and “Journey to Regionals.” Season two premieres next week.
- Life Unexpected (The CW): Season Premiere. Cate and Ryan are back from their honeymoon and some changes are in store for them at the radio station. Baze hooks up with his new bartender. Lux makes a new friend. Review: I loved the first season of this show, it quickly became a favorite and I was really glad when it got renewed for a second season. Season two picks back up just a short time after Baze crashed the wedding too late and it’s as good as ever, except for one storyline. While I have some faith that @liztigelaar and crew will do something with it, it’s a storyline in high school shows that is played out in my opinion. We just saw it as a major component to a show that played over the summer. I don’t want to spoil it, but I think you’ll know what I’m talking about by the end of the episode. What happens to Cate and Ryan at the radio station creates an interesting new dynamic on the show, as does the new bartender. Overall, I’m very much looking forward to seeing where things go from here.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): Season Premiere. Haley discovers something, Nathan is getting ready for training camp, and Katie puts Clay and Quinn in danger.
- Parenthood (NBC): Season Premiere. Adam is starting to get overwhelmed between work and family obligations. Sarah is trying to figure out what she wants to do career-wise. Crosby is preparing for a visit from Jabbar and Jasmine. Happy to see this show back, it turned into a very good family comedy-drama over the course of its first season.
- Unnatural History (Cartoon Network): New. “Speedlemanie.” Plays again Sunday morning.
- ESPN2 has Game 2 of the WNBA Finals with the Atlanta Dream at the Seattle Storm.
- Dark Blue (TNT): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episodes, “Home Sweet Home” and “Shell Game,” replay.
- Haven (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “As You Were,” replays.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s fifth summer season finale episode, “One, Maybe Two, Ways Out,” replays.
- Terriers (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays.
Bravo has six episodes of The Rachel Zoe Project.
History has 10 episodes of Top Shot.
Oxygen has 16 episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Syfy has eight episodes of Jericho early.
Travel Channel has seven episodes of Ghost Adventures tonight.
USA has eight episodes of Covert Affairs early.