News & Notes
Tonight, NBC has the two-hour 10th season premiere of The Apprentice.
Over on cable, A&E has the first season finale of The Squad: Prison Police, Animal Planet has an Alone Among Grizzlies, Discovery Health has a Big Kids special, FX has the sixth season premiere of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the second season finale of The League, and HBO has a The Fence special.
In late night, VH1 has the fourth season premiere of I Love Money.
As of next week everything on ABC, CBS, The CW, FOX, and NBC will be new.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. Caroline gets out of the hospital and is confused by her situation. Damon doesn’t know what to make of Tyler’s uncle. Bonnie really gets Damon mad. How great was last week’s second season premiere? While I wouldn’t say that this is the best show on TV, it is one of the best at providing a fun rollercoaster of unexpectedness. You just never really know where they are going to take things and that, especially for someone that watches as much TV as I do, is one of the greatest compliments I can give a TV show.
Nikita (The CW): New. Nikita is out to stop Percy and Michael from implementing their plan. Alex gets activated early.
Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. Duff and the gang make a cake for the 85th anniversary of the Grand Ole Opry. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Fringe (FOX): Repeat. Last season’s two-hour finale, “Over There, Parts 1 and 2,” replays. New season premiere’s next week.
- Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. Last season’s two-hour finale, “Sanctuary” and Death and All His Friends,” episodes replays. New season premieres next week.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football action with Cincinnati at North Carolina State.
- ESPN2 has Game 3 of the WNBA Finals with the Seattle Storm trying to close out the series at the Atlanta Dream.
- Covert Affairs (USA): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s first season finale episode, “When the Levee Breaks,” replays.
- Dark Blue (TNT): Repeats. Last night’s second season finale episodes, “Dead Flowers” and “Personal Effects,” replay.
- Eureka (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday’s fourth summer season finale episode, “I’ll Be Seeing You,” replays.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “The Summer Man,” replays. Plays again later.
- Rizzoli & Isles (TNT): Repeat. This past Monday’s first season finale episode, “When the Gun Goes Bang, Bang, Bang,” replays.
- Terriers (FX): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Dog and Pony,” replays.
History has 13 episodes of The Universe.
Oxygen has six episodes of Jersey Couture followed by six episodes of Snapped.
Syfy has the original V miniseries early follow by three episodes of the original series.
USA has 12 episodes of House.