News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the two-hour first season finale of The Gates.
Over on cable, Food Network has the first season finale of The Great Food Truck Race, HBO has the series premiere of Boardwalk Empire and the second season premieres of Bored to Death and Eastbound & Down, Military Channel has a Horse Sense and Soldiers special, TLC has the first season finale of Freaky Eaters, and VH1 has the series premiere of Real & Chance: Legend Hunters, the second season premiere of Fantasia for Real and the series premiere of La La’s Full Court Wedding.
Check out the new TV Premiere Dates Calendar. You can see show premiere dates by day, week, or month. Plus, if you use Google Calendar, you can add it to your calendar.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. The “To Surveil, With Love” episode replays, where the town’s civil liberties are suspended after radiation from the plant leaks into the city. Runs 30 minutes.
Boardwalk Empire (HBO): Series Premiere. Terence Winter, Emmy winning writer of The Sopranos, and Martin Scorsese, Oscar-winning director, bring you this gritty look into Prohibition-era Atlantic City, N.J., where political fixer and backroom dealer Enoch “Nucky” Thompson, played by Steve Buscemi, carves out a profitable niche as a supplier of illegal alcohol. Also stars Michael Pitt, Kelly Macdonald, Michael Shannon and Dabney Coleman. Runs 75 minutes. This is the only new fall series that I haven’t seen yet, but everything I have read or seen about it leads me to believe that it is really good. I’ll definitely be checking it out.
The Glades (A&E): New. Jim and Callie in up in the middle of a deadly treasure hunt. Plays twice and again later twice.
- The Gates (ABC): Season Finale. Two episodes play tonight to close out the first season. In the first, Controversy is threatening to tear the town apart. Sarah learns something about Devon. Brett isn’t happy to find out that Andie is back with Charlie. In the second, the Monohans might be leaving The Gates, Devon is being pursued, and Brett is looking for Andie.
- The Great Food Truck Race (Food Network): Season Finale. The two remaining trucks have to cook the other truck’s signature dish. Plays again later. The previous five episodes of the season replay leading up to tonight’s finale.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. New York Chef Seamus Mullen challenges Iron Chef Cat Cora. Plays again later.
- Man Men (AMC): New. Peggy gets a gift that could cause her problems at work. Plays twice and again later.
- CBS has NFL football action.
- ESPN has NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup: Sylvania 300 and later Sunday Night Baseball MLB action with the Detroit Tigers at the Chicago White Sox.
- FOX has NFL football action.
- NBC has Sunday Night Football with the New York Giants at the Indianapolis Colts.
- TBS has MLB action with the New York Yankees at the Baltimore Orioles.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Oiled,” replays.
A&E has five episodes of Criminal Minds tonight.
Food Network has six episodes of The Great Food Truck Race tonight.
History has six episodes of Stan Lee’s Superhumans.
Oxygen has 19 episodes of Snapped.
Spike TV has five episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
TLC has 12 episodes of Cake Boss.
TNT has eight episodes of Law & Order early.
USA has 12 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE has nine episodes of Bridezillas.