News & Notes
In late night, Oxygen has the series premiere of House of Glam.
Glee (FOX): New. Finn thinks he sees the face of Jesus in his grilled cheese sandwich. Kurt deals with a major crisis. Everyone is discussing religion and spirituality. Review: Tonight’s episode is as fabulous as one of Kurt’s hats. The topics and situations don’t need to be this serious all the time, but I wish that more episodes integrated the music with the story as well this one does. While last week’s Britney Spears episode was a lot of fun, it was a little bit of story told around some amazing dance videos featuring Heather Morris. They didn’t really help to drive the small amount of plot development the episode had. This episode is why I keep watching, as the music is used to both tell and propel the story. It feels like they plotted out a story and then chose songs to help tell that story. Each song has much more meaning this way and the result is one truly excellent hour of television.
Stargate Universe (Syfy): New. Rush has found a new part of the ship that he is keeping to himself. Plays again later.
Sons of Anarchy (FX): New. Jax forges an unlikely alliance in order to help his mother and his baby boy. The club gets an undercover assignment from Chucky. Runs 64 minutes. Plays again late twice.
No Ordinary Family (ABC): New. Jim is going after a group of bank robbers that keep eluding the police. Stephanie is trying to figure where the family’s abilities came from. Daphne learns about JJ’s ability and that he has been hiding it from everyone.
Life Unexpected (The CW): New. Cate is trying to bond a bit with her on air replacement. Tasha is back and lets Lux know she is with a new foster family. Baze gets Math to ask Ryan’s sister out on a date.
The Good Wife (CBS): New. An Army reservist has been accused of murdering his wife. Childs goes dirty in hopes of derailing Peter’s campaign.
- Caprica (Syfy): Fall Premiere. The saga of the downfall of a society continues. Plays again later. Sometimes I think this show is outstanding and sometimes not. The acting is always superb. The special effects are mostly great. But, the story sometimes leaves me wondering what the frak is going on? And, not in a mystery that needs to be solved kind of way, in a what the holy frak is the story being told here? Maybe, it’s because it has been so long since watching the last episode or maybe it’s because this episode has such a big jump forward in time from where we left off at the end of the first half of the season, but it left me feeling that way. I would much rather see a story take place than jump ahead and then sort of fill in the gaps going forward. I will say that I felt a little better about the show and what is going on after having watched next week’s episode. So, to help you get reacquainted with the series, watch this Re-Caprica video below or watch the first nine episodes of the season as they replay today on Syfy. (Email subscribers may need to click to the site to watch the video.)
- Detroit 187 (ABC): New. The detectives are investigating a case that turns into something much bigger. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Melissa & Joey (ABC Family): New. “Seoul Man.” Runs 30 minutes. The previous two episodes replay right before tonight’s new episode.
- NCIS (CBS): New. A bomb tech gets attacked and the team looks into her guarded life for answers to the crime.
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS): New. The team is looking into the murder of a Marine that had a very high security clearance that was also found missing a hand.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Brooke tries to figure a way out for her business’s financial troubles. Julian begins working on a new film.
- Parenthood (NBC): New. Adam and Kristina have scheduled a date night. Sarah tries to give Drew some love advice. Crosby ends up learning a big lessons regarding fatherhood.
- Raising Hope (FOX): New. With Hope starting to crawl, the family decides they need to start baby proofing the house.
- Law & Order: Los Angeles (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s series premiere episode, “Hollywood,” from NBC replays.
- Terriers (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Fustercluck,” replays.
Oxygen has seven episodes of Hair Battle Spectacular early followed by six episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Syfy has nine episodes of Caprica.
USA has 16 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.