News & Notes
Today’s Tonight on the Tube was posted from an Alaska Airlines plane with Internet access while on my way too Orlando, Fl., which has nothing to do with anything really other than I think it’s just too cool.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Lisa becomes the coach of Bart‘s little league team. MLB manager Mike Scioscia give Bart some advice. Runs 30 minutes.
Dexter (Showtime): New. Dexter decides to hire a nanny. Quinn continues to look into the Rita murder. Plays again later. What happens when Dexter goes after his next victim is pretty funny.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Kitty pretends to be someone else after meeting a handyman in Ojai. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Four cake builders compete in a “Toy Story 3 Cakes“ competition. Plays again later.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Susan finds out that another one of the girls is stealing her best moves, in what is one of the dumbest storylines considering that Susan didn‘t want to have anything to do with the strip club she inherited and sold last season. Runs 61 minutes.
CSI: Miami (CBS): New. The team is trying to find who killed a woman at an elite club.
- Boardwalk Empire (HBO): New. Nucky is trying to use his relationship with a senator and the Jersey City mayor for gain. Plays again later.
- Food Feuds (Food Network): Series Premiere. The first episode deals with some “Cheesy Fueds,” as in Geno‘s vs. Pat‘s cheesesteaks. Plays again later.
- Man Men (AMC): New. Dons runs into an old friend while in the middle of a crisis. Plays twice and again later.
- The Next Iron Chef (Food Network): New. The nine contestants remaining must show their “Innovation“ with some American favorites. Plays again later.
- CBS has NFL football action.
- ESPN has NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup: Pepsi Max 400.
- FOX has NFL football action.
- NBC has Sunday Night Football with the Philadelphia Eagles at the San Francisco 49ers.
- TBS has tripleheader MLB Playoffs action with the Tampa Bay Rays at the Texas Rangers followed by the San Francisco Giants at the Atlanta Braves and then the Philadelphia Phillies at the Cincinnati Reds.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Turning and Turning,” replays.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Snapped.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: NY followed by five episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
USA has is playing The Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy today.
WE has six episodes of My Fair Wedding With David Tutera followed by six episodes of Bridezillas.