News & Notes
On cable tonight, TLC has a World Pastry Team Championship special, truTV has the seventh season finale of Operation Repo, and VH1 has a Rock of Love With Bret Michaels: Rock of Love Girls: Where Are They Now? special followed by the series premiere of Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It.
House (FOX): New. The case of a dying newborn baffles the team. House puts in a request for a new female doctor for his team. Cuddy asks House if he will baby sit.
Lie to Me (FOX): New. The Lightman Group is investigating police profiling techniques after an incident could put Det. Walloski in trouble.
Castle (ABC): New. Two bodies come tumbling out of a casket at a funeral, one of which sends Beckett and Castle into the world of bed-hopping doctors. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Chuck (NBC): New. Chuck is faced with deciding how far he is willing to take things to find his mother. Morgan tries to figure out how to tell Casey something that could get him physically harmed. The show has just been on fire so far this season. What say you?
The Event (NBC): New. The CDC attempts to figure out what may have happened to the plane passengers. Simon asks Sophia to betray Thomas. My big question still stands, but at least they mentioned it in the last episode. That being why can launch a plane across the country, but not get their people out of the detention center? I’m still going to need this answered soon, but this was enough to keep me watching for a few more episodes. How about you, are you still watching?
Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. The U.S. Ambassador to the Philippines’ daughter is found dead and her sister is still missing and the governor puts Five-0 on the case to find her before she ends up dead too.
- The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network): New. Food Network personalities talk about their favorite foods found “At a Deli.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- The Big C (Showtime): New. Cathy actually gets some more bad news. Paul makes some decisions about his marriage after catching Cathy with Lenny. Plays again later.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Ted meets a beautiful woman who is spearheading the fight to keep a landmark that will be torn down to build Ted’s building he is designing for GNB.
- Mike & Molly (CBS): New. Carl is feeling a bit jealous of how much time Mike is spending with Molly, so Mike suggests a double date. This show would be so much better if it was a sitcom that also just happened to star a couple of overweight leads. They rely way too much on fat jokes, many of which are less than funny. Are you still watching?
- Rules of Engagement (CBS): New. Audrey comes to the conclusion that she really does hate her job and starts to think about quitting.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Alan goes out on the town and pretends to be Charlie. Charlie goes in for some secret cosmetic surgery. Runs 31 minutes.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Get a look at how things like half & half and Doritos Collisions chips are made. A repeat episode plays right before. Both play again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Football action with the Tennessee Titans at the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Sanctuary (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday night’s third season premiere episode, “Kali, Part 3,” replays.
- Stargate Universe (Syfy): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Awakening,” replays.
Bravo has eight episodes of The Real Housewives of …
USA has six episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
WE has seven episodes of Little Miss Perfect early and later 10 episodes of The Golden Girls.
So far I enjoy watching Mike & Molly. I think the cast and characters are good and the actors seem to work well together. I think there is some small thing I can’t seem to pinpoint that doesn’t seem quite right, and it may be the fat jokes, I don’t know. I agree that, like you said, it may be stronger if it were just another sitcom that happens to have two overweight leads. That being said, I think I will continue to watch.
Just out of curiosity is there a reason Being Erica isn’t on your list of shows or have you just missed it entirely since it’s on CBC?