News & Notes
On cable tonight, ABC Family has the first fall season finale of Melissa & Joey, Discovery Channel has the series premiere of Auction Kings, History has The Real History of Halloween, ID has the second season premiere of I (Almost) Got Away With It, MTV has the second fall season premiere of 16 & Pregnant, Nat Geo Wild has the first season finale of Zoo Confidential, and VH1 has the series premiere of Dance Cam Slam.
Glee (FOX): New. Will gets the glee club to perform The Rocky Horror Picture Show for the school’s annual musical after he finds out that Emma loves the movie.
Stargate Universe (Syfy): New. An alien organism infects Lt. Scott and the crew races to find a cure and save his life. Plays again later.
Sons of Anarchy (FX): New. SAMCRO arrives in Ireland to pay a visit to another charter. Runs 91 minutes. Plays twice. Finally caught up with the show over the weekend and can’t wait to see what happens once they get overseas.
No Ordinary Family (ABC): New. The family deals with what seems to be an earthquake. Stephanie thinks the J.J. has developed some sort of power. Daphne isn’t sure what to do with some info she thinks she may have gotten using her power. ABC has picked the series up for a full season. I was glad to hear that. How about you? Tonight’s episode is good, as it puts the show in an interesting place once information gets shared among the group. Also, really liked the Daphne storyline, as them learning how to use their abilities and what types of problems can arise is my favorite part of the show. Really like that they are taking this slowly. Do you?
Raising Hope (FOX): New. Two episodes play tonight. First up is “Happy Halloween,” which is really solid. Love the heartwarming craziness of the show. It’ll make you want to hug your child/parent. Glad that FOX has picked the show up for a full season. Second is “Family Secrets,” where a box of videos of Hope’s mother arrives from the prison.
The Good Wife (CBS): New. The firm investigates whether to take a case, where a woman is deciding whether to accuse a prominent democrat with sexual assault after the district attorney’s office has decided not to pursue the case. This episode plays out a little different than a normal and while it wasn’t my favorite, it puts all the characters in interesting positions that let you see where everyone stands both politically and morally.
- Caprica (Syfy): New. Sam’s life is put in danger after some political troubles in Tauron. Plays again later. Do you have any idea what is going on in this show?
- Melissa & Joey (ABC Family): New. “Joe Knows.” Runs 30 minutes. Two previous episodes replay right before tonight’s new episode.
- NCIS (CBS): New. Abby becomes completely fixated on a case as Halloween approaches.
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS): New. The team is looking for the only witness to a terrorist that recently had plastic surgery.
- Parenthood (NBC): New. Adam is left to make a decision that could change the direction of the shoe company. Amber and Sarah get into it again over her daughter’s excessive partying.
- Tower Prep (Cartoon Network): New. Ian gets closer to his new friends, while he starts to see some benefits of The Program. Did you watch last week’s premiere? What did you think?
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the Miami Heat at the Boston Celtics followed by the Houston Rockets at the Los Angeles Lakers, as the season officially gets underway tonight.
- Terriers (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Missing Persons,” replays.
Bravo has nine episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker.
Oxygen has 14 episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
USA has 14 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.