News & Notes
Tonight, ABC is playing the animated Halloween classic It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and NBC has the premiere of the animated special Scared Shrekless.
On cable tonight, Bio has a Halloween: The Inside Story special, Comedy, History has the second season premiere of Ancient Aliens, Lifetime has the two-hour eighth season finale of Project Runway, MTV has the second season Jersey Shore reunion show, Syfy has the fourth season finale of Destination Truth and the first season fall premiere of Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files, and TLC has the fourth season premiere of Police Women of Dallas.
In late night, Lifetime has the series premiere of Fairy Jobmother.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. Damon and Stefan decide to go a different route to take deal with Katherine during the Lockwood’s masquerade ball.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. A documentary crew is filming the doctors at Seattle Grace Mercy West to see how they are getting along a few months after the gunman rampage. Run 61 minutes. Last season’s finale was some of the best TV this show has given us and I am loving how they have used what happened in that episode to drive much of the story so far this season. We get more of that in tonight’s very good episode. They make good use of the documentary format to show us where each of the residents and attendings are in their recovery.
The Mentalist (CBS): New. The CBI team isn’t sure what to make of a murder and a missing person at a secure compound.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Leonard is trying to keep an affair a secret from the guys. Runs 31 minutes.
Community (NBC): New. Jeff and the gang are part of a group of students being segregated after ingesting a biohazard, which is turning them into zombies. They have to figure out how to save themselves.
Nikita (The CW): New. Alex finds out that one of the recruits is being activated for a suicide mission and lets Nikita know.
Private Practice (ABC): New. Addison and Sam are in disagreement about how to treat a comatose patient that has gotten pregnant. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (ABC): Repeat. Linus waits for the symbol of Halloween to appear in the pumpkin patch. Followed by You’re Not Elected, Charlie Brown, where Linus runs for class president.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. A college student’s death at a dinosaur show is investigated by the CSIs.
- Food Feuds (Food Network): New. A crab cake and red velvet cake feuds are battled out. Plays again later.
- Good Eats (Food Network): New. Alton puts a twist on some classic Halloween treats. A repeat episode plays right before. Both play again later.
- The Office (NBC): New. Michael finds out that Darryl has taken an idea that he doesn’t like to corporate. The office is having a Halloween costume contest.
- Scared Shrekless (NBC): Special Premiere. It’s Shrek’s favorite holiday and he has invited all his friends to Lord Farquaad’ haunted castle.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football action with Florida State at North Carolina State.
- FOX has Game 2 of the MLB World Series with the Texas Rangers at the San Francisco Giants.
- Terriers (FX): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Agua Caliente,” replays.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of D.C.
Oxygen has nine episodes of Snapped tonight.
Syfy has eight episodes of Destination Truth.
USA has six episodes of House followed by six episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.