News & Notes
On cable tonight, HBO has a Wartorn: 1861-2010 special, ID has the fourth season finale of Deadly Women, NFL Network has the fourth season premiere of Thursday Night Football, truTV has the second season premiere of It Only Hurts When I Laugh, and USA has the fourth fall season premiere of Burn Notice.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. Elena begins to look into Katherine’s past. Damon attempts to find out what the true power of the moonstone is. Bonnie and Jeremy meet a new student that has an interesting family history.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. A team of doctors attempts to save the life of a political figure from the Middle East. Cristina throws a house warming party. Run 61 minutes. Last week’s episode, “That’s Me Trying,” replays right before.
Burn Notice (USA): Fall Premiere. Michael wakes up in the hospital a few days after being shot to find that the lawyer that Michael helped has hired a bomber to go after his enemies. Jesse reluctantly agrees to help. Plays again later. Sometimes I feel this show is overly convoluted, but yet is usually still lots of fun. This episode follows exactly that. I really wish they did a better job of picking things back up after a cliffhanger, but I don’t think that is ever going to happen. There are five more new episodes after tonight.
Community (NBC): New. The study group decides on a self-imposed lockdown until Annie’s missing pen resurfaces.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Jack attempts to help a congressional candidate that would help the network to win his race. Jenna is advising Liz on the search for a perfect pair of jeans.
Fringe (FOX): New. People along the Eastern seaboard are suffering retrograde amnesia after they have listened to the same frequency on their shortwave radios.
The Mentalist (CBS): New. Jane gets abducted and the rest of the team realizes that there are a lot of suspects that might want to do him harm.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Penny and Bernadette invite Amy over for her first slumber party while the guys camp out for a new movie premiere. Runs 31 minutes.
- Bones (FOX): New. Booth and Bones are looking into the murder of a person on a cruise ship.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. Two men about to accuse a natural gas company of poisoning the water are found dead.
- Nikita (The CW): New. Michael and Nikita team up to kill a terrorist that is responsible for the death of his parents. Alex gets caught going through some medical files and tries to cover.
- The Office (NBC): New. Erin and Gabe are hosting a Glee watching party. Andy gets even more jealous.
- Private Practice (ABC): New. Charlotte still doesn’t want anyone to know what really happened and Addison continues to try and keep it a secret. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football action with Pittsburgh at Connecticut.
- NFL Network has Thursday Night Football action with the Baltimore Ravens at the Atlanta Falcons.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last night’s fall premiere episode, “Extradition II: The Actual Extradition Part,” replays.
- Terriers (FX): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Asunder,” replays.
A&E has five episodes of The First 48.
Bravo has five episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV has six episodes of Gangland.
Syfy has six episodes of All Souls early.
USA has 16 episodes of Burn Notice leading up to tonight’s fall premiere.