News & Notes
No Ordinary Family (ABC): New. Jim is going after an elusive mobster. Stephanie begins looking into Dr. Volson’s research. J.J. gives Katie some help getting a date.
Stargate Universe (Syfy): New. Events pickup just seconds past where the last episode ended with guest star Robert Knepper’s character taking out guards at the armory and heading for the gate after the Destiny stops in range of some planets. Rush takes off after him and is out for revenge. Plays again later. This is a great episode. Not just for Robert Carlyle’s Rush, which the episode mostly revolves around, but also for David Blue’s Eli. We get to see another side of both characters. Also, the story gives some of the smaller characters some fantastic scenes to play. The events of the episode push the story forward for Chloe as well. A lot happens in this tense episode.
Sons of Anarchy (FX): New. Jax goes to get his baby and ends up having to make the hardest decision of his life. Meanwhile, the rest of the club is on a manhunt. Runs 65 minutes. Plays twice and again later. Excellent, just flat out excellent. The decision Jax makes provides one of the most hearth wrenching scenes this show has ever done, just great work from all involved.
Glee (FOX): New. Gwyneth Paltrow guest-stars as a substitute teacher who takes over Will’s classes when he gets sick. Sue is filling in for Principal Figgins and attempts to assert her power. Runs 61 minutes.
Life Unexpected (The CW): New. A high profile client seems to have a thing for Baze. Lux goes to her homecoming dance and hopes to see Eric.
The Good Wife (CBS): New. Alicia takes on a DUI case involving a teen star that is a pain in the ass. Peter is asked to drop out of the race by the Democratic Committee.
- Glory Daze (TBS): Series Premiere. Four college freshman decide to pledge a fraternity in 1986. Plays again late night Friday. It isn’t anything special, but I enjoyed the first episode. You’ve probably seen much of what goes on before, but it’s still fun. The ’80s settings should provide an interesting back drop for the tale of four new friends and their college journey.
- NCIS (CBS): New. The team tries to protect Ziva’s father when he attends a convention.
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS): New. The team is searching for a book with top secret information that had belonged to an antiques dealer that was killed.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Everyone is going to Nathan and Haley’s for Thanksgiving.
- Parenthood (NBC): New. Sarah gets Amber to contact one of Gordon’s colleagues. Things are moving forward unexpectedly with a new relationship for Haddie.
- Raising Hope (FOX): New. Jimmy attempts to get Hope into a day care center, but must fix a blemish on Burt’s record first. A repeat episode follows.
- Tower Prep (Cartoon Network): New. A secret society recruits Ian and Gabe.
- ESPN has 12 college basketball games all day.
- ESPN2 has women’s college basketball action with Baylor and Connecticut followed by college football action with Ohio at Temple and then a college basketball game.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Eyes Open,” replays.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Extradition II: The Actual Extradition Part,” replays.
- Terriers (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Asunder,” replays.
Bravo has five episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Spike TV has 12 episodes of 1000 Ways to Die.
Syfy has eight episodes of Primeval.
USA has 17 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
What looks good to you tonight?