News & Notes
NBC announced that as of January 20th, 2011 they are going to expand the Thursday night comedy block to three hours. The new lineup will be Community, Perfect Couples (New), The Office, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, and Outsourced. Not sure how well it is going to work, but they don’t really have anything to lose. While the ratings may drop some for the comedies in the third hour, they’ll probably do better than The Apprentice has done this fall. What do you think of the move?
Community (NBC): New. Dean Pelton finds that Jeff has a class on his schedule that doesn’t exist. Abed and Troy build a gigantic fort out of blankets.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Liz participates in a crew lottery. The writing staff finds out that Jack has voiced an online dictionary’s pronunciation guide.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Derek gets the grant he needs to start his clinical trial and takes the attendings out to celebrate. Meredith and Alex have to deal with the night shift on their own. Run 61 minutes.
Burn Notice (USA): New. Michael is trying to keep some chemical weapons out of the wrong hands and must work with an enemy to do so. Plays again later.
Bones (FOX): New. Booth and Bones investigate after human remains are found inside the world’s largest chocolate bar.
Fringe (FOX): New. In the alter-verse, a case hits home for Broyles after a young boy goes missing. Olivia asks Henry for help, as she attempts to cross back over to her universe. This is a great hour, well 44 minutes without commercials, of television and continues what has been an excellent season thus far. Everything builds nicely to a great ending that sets the table for the Dec. 2nd episode, as the show won’t be on next week for Thanksgiving. If you’ve loved this season so far, you’re going to love the next couple episodes.
The Mentalist (CBS): New. Jane accepts help from an astrologer that insists on helping with a triple homicide the team is investigating that involves two dead cops and Red John.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Penny gets Leonard involved in a lie to her father. Raj, Howard and Bernadette pull an all-nighter at a telescope. Runs 31 minutes.
- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (ABC): Repeat. The gang gathers around Charlie’s ping pong table for an interesting meal.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. The team investigates to see if fowl play was invovled after a man falls from a hotel balcony.
- Food Feuds (Food Network): New. It’s a “Roast Pork Ribs” competition between two places in South Philly. Plays again later.
- The Office (NBC): New. Michael is trying to get people to invest in Ryan’s Internet company. Jim is prevented from collecting a commission due to a new policy.
- Private Practice (ABC): New. Everyone thinks they now how to help Charlotte deal with the aftermath of being assaulted. Pete’s estranged brother comes to ask Pete for help. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football action with UCLA at my Washington Huskies.
- ESPN2 has tripleheader college basketball action.
- NFL Network has Thursday Night Football action with the
Baltimore Ravens at the Atlanta FalconsChicago Bears at the Miami Dolphins.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last night’s fall premiere episode, “In Plain Fright,” replays.
- Terriers (FX): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Sins of the Past,” replays.
A&E has five episodes of The First 48.
Bravo has 10 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Oxygen has six episodes of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.
Spike TV has five episodes of Gangland.
Syfy has eight episodes of Early Edition early.
USA has seven episodes of House and later five episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
What alternate universe will you be traveling to tonight?