7 TV Things the TVaholic Is Thankful For
Obviously, I’m thankful for my family and friends, a roof over my head, and a job that pays the bills, but this is a TV site. So, I’m going to focus on things related to TV that I am thankful for on this Thanksgivng holiday.
The TVaholic is Thankful For:
- Every TVaholic.com reader and TVtimesThree podcast listener, as I love chatting about TV with you. Whether via the comments sections here and there or over on Twitter via @theTVaholic, talking about TV with fellow fans is one of my favorite things to do. Next to actually watching the shows of course.
- My DVRs, as they allow me to watch much more TV than I could ever do without them. And yes, I am fully aware that by fast-forwarding through and thus not watching the commercials that I am helping to slowly kill the medium I love so much.
- On Demand content from Xfinity, well really I’m thankful when it actually works properly and updates shows promptly. This too has allowed me to watch much more TV than I would be able to without it.
- TV show screeners, as I love being one of the first to get to see a new show or upcoming episode and am very grateful to those cable outlets and TV networks that have seen fit to allow me to do so.
- Comedies like 30 Rock, Community, Cougar Town, and Modern Family that consistently bring the funny.
- Smartly scripted dramas like House, Sons of Anarchy, and Terriers that have great characters and superb story arcs.
- And lastly, shows like Castle, Chuck, and Psych that so adeptly merge the comedy with the drama.
I could probably list many more TV things I’m thankful for, but now it’s your turn. What TV related things are you most thankful for? Let us know in the comments.