News & Notes
Over on cable, FX has the third season finale of Sons of Anarchy, History has a The Real Story of Christmas special, IFC has the first season finale of 360 Sessions, Oxygen has a The Bad Girls Club special, Syfy has the second fall season finale of Stargate Universe, TLC has the fourth season finale of 19 Kids & Counting, and truTV has a Party Heat special.
In canceled show news, Syfy has announced that it will air the remaining five episodes of Caprica on Tuesday, January 4th, 2011.
Glee (FOX): New. It’s sectionals and New Directions competes against the Warblers and the Hipsters. Carl and Emma seem to be getting even closer.
Stargate Universe (Syfy): Fall Finale. The Destiny comes across what looks to be a debris field of a ship that may be more than it seems. Plays again later. What do you think of the first half of season two so far? Are you looking forward to tonight’s episode?
Sons of Anarchy (FX): Season Finale. The Club looks to deal with the obstacles of the ATF and the Russians that are standing in their way. Runs 90 minutes. Plays twice. No matter what you’ve thought of season three so far, I don’t think you will be disappointed with the finale. Everything has built up to what goes down tonight and a whole lot of stuff goes down. I’m don’t want to say anything more and accidentally spoil something. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, as the events unfold. I will say though that the way the season ends, leaves things in what I find to be such an interesting position, on multiple fronts, to pickup from in season four. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the third season finale. Come back and leave a comment on this post or tweet me over @theTVaholic.
Dr. Suess’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (ABC): Repeat. Animated holiday classic about a curmudgeon that doesn’t like all the merriment in Whoville. Narrated by Boris Karloff.
Shrek the Halls (ABC): Repeat. Shrek’s plan for a small cozy Christmas at home doesn’t turn out as he’d hoped after the whole gang shows up.
Life Unexpected (The CW): New. Everyone ends up at Baze’s loft for Thanksgiving and everyone has some secrets they hope don’t get out.
Glory Daze (TBS): New. The pledges are trying to get ready for their first social event. Joel needs some advice. Eli is searching for his wild side. Plays again late night Friday.
- No Ordinary Family (ABC): New. Jim and Stephanie go out to celebrate their 18th wedding anniversary and end up going up against a serial arsonist that has special abilities as well. Meanwhile, Daphne and J.J. team up to win at poker.
- Raising Hope (FOX): New. Jason Lee (My Name Is Earl) guest-stars as Burt’s musical idol, who just happens to be playing in town and Jimmy sets out to try and make his father’s dreams of being a rock star come true.
- Running Wilde (FOX): New. Steve asks Emmy to attend a charity ball with him. Emmy is attempting to show Steve that there is more to a woman than how she looks. While not officially canceled, it will likely be. Yet, FOX is planning on airing the rest of the filmed 13 episodes through the end of the year starting tonight with Ep.8. Ep.9 will play next Tuesday. Ep.9-11 will play on the following three Sundays starting Dec. 12th. The final two episodes will air on Tuesday, Dec. 28th. Will you be watching
- Tower Prep (Cartoon Network): New. Gabe is running for vice-president of his class.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action.
- NBA TV has an NBA game.
- Terriers (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Quid Pro Quo,” replays.
A&E has 28 episodes of Billy the Exterminator.
Bravo has seven episodes of The Millionaire Matchmaker.
Oxygen has eight episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Syfy has eight episodes of Space Precinct early.
TLC has 14 episodes of 19 Kids & Counting.
USA has 17 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
What show are you most looking forward to tonight?