News & Notes
On cable tonight, Discovery Channel has a The Kennedy Detail special, ESPN has the final Thursday Night College Football game of the season, Hallmark Channel has the TV movie premiere of The Santa Suit, and History has the series premiere of Brad Meltzer’s Decoded.
We’re back after a small hiatus with another TV times Three podcast. On Episode 83, “Thoughts on the Fall 2010 TV Season,” Amrie, Rae, and I spend a little time talking about the latest TV related news, talking about the fall season thus far, and then discuss the seasons of The Amazing Race, Chuck, Glee, Sons of Anarchy, Psych, and The Good Guys.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. Caroline discovers something terrifying. Jeremy puts Stefan in danger. Elena is attempting to entice Rose.
Fringe (FOX): New. Peter is having difficulty with recent news. Olivia is trying to find an ally to help her escaped the alternate universe and get back home permanently. This episode is all kinds of awesome. The season has been building to this and I can’t wait to see where they go from here. So much happens in both universes and with both Olivia and Fauxlivia. Just watch the trailer below and get excited:
Burn Notice (USA): New. Michael has to use an old alias to help save Nate. Sam and Jesse are off to the Dominican Republic. Plays again later. The previous two episodes replay earlier in the day.
Community (NBC): New. The group takes Troy out for his 21st birthday to some bars.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Liz worries that Carol will get bored, so Jack suggests that she see a therapist. Tracy is trying to get Jack to invest in a restaurant.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Derek takes Cristina fishing. Teddy is trying to help a dying patient that doesn’t have the proper insurance to cover his treatments. Runs 61 minutes.
Private Practice (ABC): New. Cooper and Charlotte get some bad news about her sexual assault case. Addison finds it hard to treat a pregnant woman that is addicted to drugs. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Bones (FOX): New. Booth and Brennan investigate when a carcass is found melted to the dashboard of a charred truck. Sweets is trying to help Daisy pass a government psychological exam.
- Food Feuds (Food Network): New. A juicy double cheeseburger feud is out to be settled in Ohio. Plays again later.
- Nikita (The CW): New. Owen and Nikita attempt to help a CIA agent in Chile that has been framed for an assassination. Alex gets to see a different side of Percy.
- The Office (NBC): New. Michael is out to keep China from taking over the United States. Pam is threatening to move the office to a new building.
- Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town (ABC): Repeat. The animated holiday classic plays.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football action with Arizona State at Arizona.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action.
- NFL Network has Thursday Night Football action with the Houston Texans at the Philadelphia Eagles.
- NHL Network has hockey action with the San Jose Sharks at the Ottawa Senators.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the Miami Heat at the Cleveland Cavaliers followed by the Phoenix Suns at the Golden State Warriors.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last night’s Twin Peaks inspired episode, “Dual Spires,” replays.
- Terriers (FX): Repeat. Last night’s first season finale episode, “Hail Mary,” replays.
A&E has five episodes of The First 48.
Spike TV has six episodes of Gangland.
Syfy has eight episodes of WGC Ultimate Gamer early.
USA has six episodes of House.
What’s on tap for you tonight? Alternate Universes, Santa Claus, Vampires?
I’ll be tuning in to Burn Notice tonight. That show is awesome. And next week I am freeing my schedule for Minute To Win It which airs on December 7th at 8/7c. It’s the holiday edition so you know its going to be GOOD
Justin, Burn Notice is a good choice, as it is pretty awesome, but I’d have to differ on your choice for next week, holiday edition or not.