News & Notes
On cable tonight, A&E has the third season finale of Hoarders, ID has the series premiere of Stolen Voices, Buried Secrets, Oxygen has the sixth season premiere of The Bad Girls Club, TNT the second winter season finale of Men of a Certain Age, TV One has the second season premiere of Love That Girl, and VH1 has the second season premiere of You’re Cut Off! and the series premiere of The X Life.
Lie to Me (FOX): New. The first of two episodes tonight has Lightman helping out a friend of his daughter. The friend’s dad has been in an institution for the past five years and has shown no signs of getting better and she wants to know if the facility is over drugging him. The episode is really good, as Lightman ends up having to deal with some family history of his own during the case, plus I find really like the father/daughter stuff on the show and there is a bit more than usual given the origin of the case.
Lie to Me (FOX): New. In the second episode tonight, a woman comes in that wants to know if she can trust the guy she is about to marry. Lightman takes a liking to her son and takes the case to help him. This is another good episode that takes an interesting turn. Plus, I’m never against seeing Victoria Pratt (Mutant X) show up on my television screen.
Castle (ABC): New. Beckett and Castle investigate when the owner of a historic magic shop is found dead in one of Houdini’s tanks. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): New. More surprises are in store for the quartet as “A” keeps up the game. Plays again later and again next week before the next new episode.
Greek (ABC Family): New. The KTs are out to recruit some new members. Charisma Carpenter returns as Tegan to help the ZBZs stay on top.
Men of a Certain Age (TNT): Winter Finale. The guys all head to Palm Springs for a weekend away and to all get colonoscopies. Terry can’t get Erin out of his head. Joe is having trouble with his gambling problem, and Owen opens up to the guys about what is going down at the dealership. Plays again later.
- The Cape (NBC): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode and the “Tarot” episode, which comprise last night’s two-hour series premiere replay. What did you think? I thought there were some things to like, but mostly I found the time frame in which it takes place to be confusing. I got lost in how much time had passed. It didn’t seem like a whole lot. Yet, we are to believe that he has practically mastered the cape, hypnosis and disappearing illusions in short order. I’m able to buy a lot of stuff with shows like this, but it has at least got to feel real to me within the world that is setup. And, since it is a slightly alternate version of the United States, here on planet Earth, it would seem that regular rules would apply. Which means you can’t get that good at stuff that quick. Like in the second episode he learns to catch knives in what, a couple days? Seriously, I don’t know. Not to mention that Max seemed to heal right quickly from his gunshot wound. I didn’t care that some parts were cheesy or over the top, I cared that too much was completely unbelievable.
- The Closer (TNT): Repeat. Last week’s sixth season finale episode, “An Ugly Game,” replays.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy checks out some great place in the Big Easy with Emeril. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- ESPN has the BCS Championship Game with Auburn vs. Oregon.
- ESPN2 has a college basketball game.
Bravo has seven episodes of Tabatha’s Salon Takeover.
Oxygen has 16 episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Syfy has eight episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
USA has 11 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
TV One has 10 episodes of Martin and then another seven later.
WE has seven episodes of My Fair Wedding With David Tutera early and later 10 episodes of The Golden Girls tonight.
Even with CBS and NBC all in repeats, there is still plenty to watch tonight. What will you be watching?
When are the new updated printable time lines going to be available? The commercials I have been seeing do not match the schedules you have provided.
Therese, They are updated as of today, January 11th.