News & Notes
On cable tonight, ABC Family has the TV movie premiere of Mean Girls 2, Discovery Channel has an Apocalypse How special, E! has the series premiere of Kourtney & Kim Take New York and the second season premiere of Holly’s World, History has the first season finale of Top Gear, and TLC has a My 40 Year Old Child special and an Extreme Births special.
In late night, Adult Swim has the series premiere of Mongo Wrestling Alliance.
Still a couple days left to enter our Glee Season 2, Volume 1 DVD set giveaway.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Bart decides to go the scheming route when Homer insists that he must earn the new dirt bike he wants. Runs 30 minutes.
Californication (Showtime): New. It looks as though Hank tried to commit suicide and he uses that fact to his advantage to get back home. Plays again later.
Episodes (Showtime): New. Beverly is less than enthused when Sean and Matt end up bonding during an impromptu trip to Vegas. Plays again later.
Shameless (Showtime): New. The Gallagher clan is searching for an old woman that can play the role of Aunt Ginger, when a government employee wants to meet the woman they have been sending checks to for years. Steve won’t give up trying to get back on Fiona’s good side. Plays again later. This looks to be the first episode that diverges from the UK original, as the first two episodes have been almost identical. It also happens to be the best of the first three episodes of this version, which bodes well for the series. It shows they have some actual creativity. Although, since so far I’ve only seen the first two, and a preview of episode three, of the 90+ episodes of the UK version, it could be a direct copy of one of those.
- Challenge (Food Network): New. The funniest cake wins the prize. Plays again later.
- Downton Abbey (PBS): New. Matthew is starting to get used to his new position, which is creating a rivalry between sisters Edith and Mary. Some servants have a scheme. Runs 90 minutes.
- Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. The team is searching for the missing head of the Tsunami Warning Center, as a major storm is about to hit the island. Plays following the AFC Championship Game.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Nicolas Contrel takes on Marc Forgione, the newest Iron Chef. Plays again later.
- CBS has the AFC Championship Game with the New York Jets at the Pittsburgh Steelers in the late game.
- ESPN2 has Australian Open tennis coverage and a women’s college basketball game.
- FOX has the NFC Championship Game with the Green Bay Packers at the Chicago Bears in the early game.
- NBC has NHL action early.
- Being Human (USA Network): Repeat. Last Monday’s series premiere episode, “There Goes the Neighborhood,” of Syfy’s new series replays on its sister cable channel.
- White Collar (USA Network): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s midseason premiere episode, “Burke’s Seven,” replays.
A&E has seven episodes of The First 48.
Bravo has seven episodes of The Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of Gold Rush: Alaska.
Oxygen has 16 episodes of Snapped.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: NY followed by nine episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
TLC has seven episodes of Hoarding: Buried Alive.
TNT has seven episodes of Law & Order early.
Travel Channel has eight episodes of When Vacations Attack!
truTV has 12 episodes of Operation Repo.
USA has 12 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE has seven episodes of Amazing Wedding Cakes early.
What will you be watching tonight?