News & Notes
Tomorrow is the last day to enter our Glee Season 2, Volume 1 DVD set giveaway.
House, M.D. (FOX): New. A trainee in the military and his drill instructor are brought into the hospital with the same symptoms.
Lie to Me (FOX): New. Lightman isn’t sure what a woman that claims her baby was kidnapped is hiding, but he sets out to figure it out.
Castle (ABC): New. Beckett gets a call from the now retired detective that investigated her mother’s murder. He wants to meet and says he has some information for her. This sets events in motion that put Beckett and Castle back on her mother’s case. This is a great episode. Every episode that has dealt with Beckett’s mother’s murder has been outstanding. Sometime down the road when they have finally finished this storyline, it will make for an excellent miniseries within the series. They are doing a really good job of continually expanding the what/why behind her mother’s case. On another note, if you’ve seen the previews/ads for the episode, then you probably want to know about a certain moment. Well, I’ll just say that it both does and doesn’t payoff the way you may be hoping. For an episode that has a more serious side to it, it has a lot of good lines and moments throughout.
Chuck (NBC): New. Chuck is worried about Sarah’s mission to help his mom take down Volkoff once and for all. Awesome and Ellie are trying to decide on baby names.
Greek (ABC Family): New. This episode mostly revolves around Beaver, as he tries to find help in re-writing a paper for a class. He also falls for Katherine. Cassie is in search for some study notes, since she doesn’t have any study partners. While this episode feels slightly different, as a good percentage of the episode is from Beaver’s perspective, it actually has a lot going on that doesn’t involve him. There are some big events and revelations for just about everybody. One of these events involves Ashleigh in a way that I wasn’t onboard with when it looked like they might be going that way, but the way they’ve gone about doing it over a longer period of time is working for me. They are really picking up steam, which is good considering the limited number of episodes left to wrap everything up. What do you think of the season so far?
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): New/Repeat. You don’t always get what you want, but sometimes you do, but in a way that you didn’t expect. This episode plays before and after Greek tonight. Plays again next week before the next new episode.
- Being Human (Syfy): New. Josh gets trapped in the hospital basement with his sister on the night of a full moon. Aidan learns that an old lover is now a vampire. Bishop wants Aidan to choose between the vampires and the humans. Plays three times. Last week’s series premiere episode, “There Goes the Neighborhood, Part 1,” replays right before. While the show feels very much like the original, I do like the sister storyline, which is different. Also, Mark Pellegrino (Jacob from Lost) comes off much scarier than the original Bishop. What did you think of last week’s premiere?
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy checks out some places with “Quirky Classics.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): New. A former associate of Bart Bass is back in town along with his daughter. Chuck gets Serena to help him against Lily. Nate is worried about his dad.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has Australian Open tennis coverage and a women’s college basketball game.
- Royal Pains (USA Network): Repeat. Last Thursday’s midseason premiere episode, “Mulligan,” replays.
- White Collar (USA Network): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s midseason premiere episode, “Burke’s Seven,” replays.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of Atlanta early followed by six episodes of Tabatha’s Salon Takeover.
Oxygen has 19 episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
USA Network has 11 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
WE has seven episodes of Amazing Wedding Cakes early and later 10 episodes of The Golden Girls tonight.
What will you be watching?