News & Notes
Tonight, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC all have coverage of the State of the Union Address and The CW has a new Hellcats on it’s new night following a new One Tree Hill.
Over on cable, Bravo has the second season finale of The Fashion Show and WE has the series premieres of Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best? and A Stand Up Mother.
Last day to Enter our Glee Season 2, Volume 1 giveaway.
No Ordinary Family (ABC): Repeat. The “No Ordinary Anniversary” episode replays, where Jim and Stephanie end up teaming up to stop a serial arsonist.
Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Mike takes a look at “Dirty Infrastructure.” Plays again later. A repeat episode plays right before.
White Collar (USA Network): New. Peter gets Neal to tell him about his past, which entails how he met Mozzie and Kate and how he became the Neal we see today. We also get to see how Peter’s taskforce was created and how he caught Neal. All this plays out in flashbacks. It also sets the stage for where the rest of the season will go. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Burke’s Seven,” replays earlier in the day. They have a lot of the normal fun with the flashbacks here, like hairdos, wardrobe, etc. They are done well enough, but it’s the actual details we finally get to see fleshed out that makes this such an excellent episode. It gives you all the back-story that leads up to Neal breaking out of jail in the series premiere. While I’ve liked White Collar all along, this episode actually helps to elevate all that has come before. Like, I actually care about Kate, or at least understand why Neal did, after watching this episode.
- Lights Out (FX): New. Lights is trying to reach out to a promising young fighter that could put the gym back on the map. Runs 62 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- Southland (TNT): New. Ben gets a lot of tips from John on being a police officer, including delivering a death notification. Lydia and Josie are on a drug related murder case. Plays again later.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): New. Clinton and Stacy help a woman try to match her wardrobe with her new changed lifestyle. Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has Australian Open tennis coverage.
- NBA TV has the Utah Jazz at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Royal Pains (USA Network): Repeat. Last Thursday’s midseason premiere episode, “Mulligan,” replays.
A&E has six episodes of The First 48.
Bravo has 13 episodes of The Real Housewives of …
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Syfy has all eight episodes of Seven Days.
USA has six episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, last week’s White Collar replay, and then another nine episodes of SVU.
What will you be watching?