News & Notes
Over on cable, E! has a Fashion Police: The 2011 Grammys special, History has the second season finale of American Pickers, OWN has the series premiere of Searching For…, truTV has the fourth season premiere of Bait Car, and USA Network has the 135th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
In show moving news, Rules of Engagement moves to Thursday nights following The Big Bang Theory as of February 24th.
Find out how you could win Spin City: Season 3 & 4 on DVD in our latest giveaway.
House (FOX): New. A woman with temporary paralysis and other symptoms that gets worse after a visit from her sister. Foreman is helping Taub prepare for an exam.
The Chicago Code (FOX): New. Jarek and Caleb are going after whoever was behind the shooting of the superintendent. Another very good episode and I very much like where it goes, even if you knew it was going there. The bigger storyline of going after corruption in the city is very compelling. But, the multiple character voice-overs are getting in the way. In this episode two more characters get voice-overs that didn’t have one in the first episode. I do like the idea of trying something new, well at least I can’t think of anything offhand that has done something similar, but it isn’t really adding anything to the story. As @TheTVJunkie tweeted while we were discussing the voice-overs, “it’s confusing, let the action speak for itself!” I couldn’t agree more. It’s the one flaw in an otherwise excellent TV show.
Castle (ABC): New. An old friend of Castle turns out to be the prime suspect in the murder of the man’s wife. Beckett and Castle disagree over what happened. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Chuck (NBC): New. Sarah is reunited with her former spy team and it leads to old grudges and secrets being revealed. An old flame comes back into Morgan’s life and he has to fend her off.
Greek (ABC Family): New. Everyone heads to Dobbler’s when a snowstorm hits CRU. Lots of stuff goes down.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): New/Repeat. Unexpected relationships build. This episode plays before and after Greek tonight. Plays again next week before the next new episode.
- Being Human (Syfy): New. Josh isn’t sure about having Ray at the house any longer. Aidan learns of the recruiting going on at the hospital. Sally begins to remember. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Wouldn’t It Be Nice (If We Were Human),” replays right before.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): New. Chuck tries one last ditch effort to save his father’s company. Blair has gotten a new assignment.
- Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. Pirates board and take hostages on a pleasure cruise.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Barney turns February 13th into his own holiday. Ted and Zoey are trying to figure things out. Lily gives Marshall a Valentine’s Day surprise.
- Mad Love (CBS): Series Premiere. Two New Yorkers meet and go on a date, where they bring along a friend. The friends don’t like each other. Stars Jason Biggs (American Pie), Sarah Chalke (Scrubs, Tyler Labine (Reaper, and Judy Greer (Miss Guided< .em>). It looks very much like somebody decide to remake the British sitcom Gavin & Stacey, which was very good. I hope this is too, as I really like everybody in it.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Rose figures out what Allan is doing with all the money he has gotten from friends and family. Charlie is trying to get some time with Rose alone. Runs 31 minutes.
- ESPN has doubleheader men’s college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader women’s college basketball action.
- NBA TV has the San Antonio Spurs at the New Jersey Nets.
- White Collar (USA Network): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Countermeasures,” replays.
Bravo has six episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker.
Oxygen has eight episodes of Love Games: Bad Girls Need Love Too followed by five episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Spike TV has 10 episodes of Aution Hunters.
USA Network has 12 episodes of House.
WE has seven episodes of My Fair Wedding With David Tutera early and later 10 episodes of The Golden Girls tonight.