News & Notes
On cable tonight, BBC America has the first season finale of Ramsay’s Best Restaurant, Bravo has a The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills special, Nat Geo Wild has the series premiere of Crimes Against Nature, truTV has the third season premiere of Hardcore Pawn, and USA Network has more from the 135th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, which means no new White Collar.
See how you could get your hands on Spin City: Season 3 & 4 on DVD in our latest giveaway.
Glee (FOX): New. Brittany is attempting to help Rachel fix her social standing. Sam puts together a tribute band. Runs 61 minutes.
Raising Hope (FOX): New. Jimmy brings home a black light to see how dirty their place is and the family freaks out at what they find. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 29 minutes. Good solid episode, which is still quite funny. It’s just a little drop off from last week’s episode, which is my second favorite of the series thus far. Yet, everything builds to a great ending. Traffic Light that follows is still not funny.
The Good Wife (CBS): New. A young billionaire that was portrayed poorly in a movie goes after the studio that produced it. Alicia finally talks to Will about the voicemail.
NCIS (CBS): New. The team is put on protection detail to keep safe the daughter of the Belgravian Defense Minister, as she is studying in the states and someone tried to kill her father.
V (ABC): New. Anna gets Ryan to help her take down the Fifth Column. Jack finds out the consequences of his actions from the Vatican. Lisa finds out about her grandmother. Runs 61 minutes. This has been a good season of the show with lots of action and intrigue. But, there are two problems with it. One, the search for the soul by Anna is just dumb. Two, there are too many characters with dual allegiances. This episode revolves around the latter. It should be very interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out given how things end in this episode. Have you been keeping up with this show? What do you think about Anna’s plans?
Parenthood (NBC): New. Adam and Christina are putting together a birthday party for Max. Crosby and Jasmine must face their first real argument. Drew gets closer to his father.
- Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Mike becomes a “Sponge Diver.” Plays again later. A repeat episode plays right before.
- Lights Out (FX): New. Lights is getting ready for his first fight after being out of the ring for five years. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS): New. Callen and Sam are looking into some potential dirty cops and go undercover with the police to investigate.
- No Ordinary Family (ABC): New. Dr. King sends his shapeshifter to find out more about the Powells and then kill one of them. J.J. starts investigating the unsolved murder of his ex-girlfriend’s mother’s murder. Granted as the audience, we get to see a lot more of what is going on, but I still think that way too much of this show revolves around the characters having to be complete idiots, just letting things go that you wouldn’t let go, or not communicating with the rest of the family. This is the episode, given what takes place, which I hope is the end to that being the case. The first part of the episode relies on it. Characters too easily brush off things that don’t make sense. But, by the end of the episode that just can’t be the case any longer. Going forward, this can’t be the status quo. On a completely unrelated note, who the heck thought it was a good idea to cast Rebecca Mader as a shapeshifter? She spends most of the time being somebody else. It’s like casting Jessica Alba to play the Invisible Woman in the Fantastic Four movies. What do you think of the show so far? Are you still watching?
- Southland (TNT): New. Lydia gets suspended. Chickie is a mess thinking about a high-speed chase. John is attempting to clean up a neighborhood. Plays again later.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): New. A woman must leave her college wardrobe behind after getting her PhD. Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has a college basketball game.
- NBA TV has the Miami Heat at the Indiana Pacers.
- Fairly Legal (USA Network): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Bo Me Once,” replays.
- Justified (USA Network): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s second season premiere episode, “The Moonshine War,” replays.
- Royal Pains (USA Network): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Astraphobia,” replays.
A&E has six episodes of The First 48.
Bravo has seven episodes of Tabatha’s Salon Takeover followed by seven episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV is playing First Blood, Rambo: First Blood Part II and Rambo.
Syfy has all eight episodes of First Wave early.
USA has eight episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.