News & Notes
Over on cable, Bravo has The Real Housewives of Atlanta reunion special, Disney Channel has the second season premiere of Good Luck Charlie, National Geographic has the series premiere of Secret Service Files, Oxygen has the eighth season premiere of Snapped, Showtime has the first season finale of Episodes, TLC has a 600 Pound Mom special and The Man Who Lost His Face special, and TNT has the NBA All-Star Game.
Today is the last day to enter our Spin City: Season 3 & 4 DVD Giveaway.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Bart makes a movie about an angry father that quickly becomes a critical hit and begins winning awards. Runs 30 minutes.
Californication (Showtime): New. Abby thinks that maybe she should bring on a senior partner at her firm onto Hank’s case. Marcy and Stu need Charlie’s help. Plays again later. Okay, this episode has one of the best rounds of golf and an awesome series pitch that totally sounds like something Showtime would make. I’d be interested in hearing about what you think of the pitched show and the season thus far?
Episodes (Showtime): Season Finale. Production has been wrapped on Pucks and things don’t look good. So, Sean and Beverly are getting ready to head back to London. Plays again later. Given where things have gone, we get a great ending. Which is an ending that works as a punch line for not only the episode, but for the season. What have you thought of Episodes so far?
Shameless (Showtime): New. Frank does something risky after some thugs demand the money he owes them be paid. Fiona is going to go away with Steve for a night. Plays again later.
Saturday Night Live Just Commercials (NBC): Repeat. The commercials are consistently some of the better stuff they do and these are the best of the best.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. The Scavo twins move out. Keith wants Bree to go with him to Florida. Susan is using her medical condition to get special treatment. Runs 61 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Nora is trying to stay away from Brody. Justin is attempting to help a homeless vet. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef John “Father of Modern Southwest Cuisine” Rivera takes on Iron Chef Morimoto. Plays again later.
- Saturday Night Live Backstage (NBC): New Special. Get a look behind the scenes of the long running comedy show with interviews with guest hosts and others along with clips and more. Runs two hours.
- CBS has a college basketball game followed by PGA action.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has a men’s college basketball game followed by doubleheader women’s college basketball action.
- FOX has NASCAR racing action with The 53rd Daytona 500.
- NBC has doubleheader NHL action.
- TNT has the NBA All-Star Game.
- Lights Out (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Combinations,” replays.
- Royal Pains (USA Network): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Fight of Flight,” replays.
A&E has seven episodes of Criminal Minds.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior.
History has 12 episodes of Ice Road Truckers.
Oxygen has 15 episodes of Snapped.
TLC has 13 episodes of My Strange Addiction.
Travel Channel has 10 episodes of Food Wars.
TV Land has 13 episodes of Hot in Cleveland.
TV One has six episodes of New York Undercover.
USA has six episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims.
WE has six episodes of Amazing Wedding Cakes followed by seven episodes of My Fair Wedding With David Tutera.