News & Notes
On cable tonight, BET has The BET Honors special, Bravo has the third season finale of Tabatha’s Salon Takeover, History has a It’s Good to Be President special, Lifetime has the TV movie premiere of Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy, and TLC has the first season finale of The Unpoppables and the series premiere of Outrageous Kid Parties.
Randomly selected and posted the winner in our Spin City: Season 3 & 4 DVD Giveaway.
House (FOX): New. House participates in career day at an elementary school and tells them medical stories. Two of the students may actually help House learn something.
The Chicago Code (FOX): New. Jarek and Caleb are tracking bank robbers around the city. Colvin and Gibbons go against each other over a construction site. This episode has a great opening sequence. It also delves more into the dirty politics of Gibbons and Colvin’s crusade against him, lots of great stuff from Delroy Lindo. Episode also shows some of the internal struggles within the cops. Either I blocked them out or there was only one voiceover near the beginning of the episode and that was it. This episode has lots of action and fully displays the promise of this show, the characters, and the story they are telling.
Castle (ABC): New. Beckett and Castle are looking into a strange murder of a cab driver, which leads to something much bigger in Part One of a two-part episode that concludes next week. Adrian Pasdar (Heroes) guest-stars. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes. Great episode that escalates nicely, even if it starts out with a scene that shows you something and then jumps back 36-hours, to an ending that leaves you wanting to watch next week’s conclusion right then. Some really good character moments for all involved, not just Beckett and Castle.
Chuck (NBC): New. The team gets sent on a protection detail to London on Valentine’s Day. Casey is presented an offer. Ellie and Awesome deal with parenting issues.
Greek (ABC Family): New. Casey and Evan duel it out in a mock trial for class and things get personal. Rusty and Calvin are trying to keep Dale from getting humiliated during a talent show by his frat brothers.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): New/Repeat. The quartet is taking account of where everybody else stands suspect-wise. This episode plays before and after Greek tonight. Plays again next week before the next new episode.
- Being Human (Syfy): New. Aidan gets a disturbing movie from Rebecca. Josh asks out Nora. Sally is thinking about revenge. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “The End of the World as We Knew It,” replays right before.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): New. It’s Eric’s 18th birthday. Blair has taken on too many things at once. Serena has a choice to make. Chuck and Lily continue to have problems.
- Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. Danny’s brother comes for an unexpected visit. The team is trying to stop a bomber out for revenge.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. After watching a documentary, Marshall gets obsessed with saving the environment. Ted has a run in with The Captain. Barney tells that he has feelings for a woman.
- Mad Love (CBS): New. Ben and Kate go on their first date and would you believe, things go wrong. Going to give this show another chance, cause Sarah Chalke just glows on screen, but mostly the first episode felt like a bad version of Gavin & Stacey.
- ESPN has doubleheader men’s college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader women’s college basketball action.
Bravo has 10 episodes of Top Chef: All-Stars followed by seven episodes of Tabatha’s Salon Takeover.
Discovery Channel has 10 episodes of Gold Rush: Alaska.
Oxygen has 25 episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
TNT has 10 episodes of Supernatural.
USA Network has 15 episodes of NCIS.
WE has seven episodes of Downsized early and later 10 episodes of The Golden Girls tonight.