News & Notes
On cable tonight, Cartoon Network has a Hall of Game special, Discovery Channel has a Gold Rush: Alaska special, IFC has the first season finale of Portlandia, which they have picked up for a second season, Starz has the first season finale of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, and TLC has the second season premiere of DC Cupcakes.
In late night, Starz has a special presentation of the first episode of their new series Camelot, which is set to premiere on Friday, April 1st.
Smallville (The CW): New. Clark and Lois wake up after their bachelor/bachelorette parties and can’t remember the night before thanks to some magically spiked champagne from Zantanna. Lois seems to have lost her engagement ring and tries to retrace her steps.
Fringe (FOX): New. A flashback to six months after Walter took young Peter from the alternate universe to save him, as he tries to figure out how to get him back. We see Peter and Olivia’s first meeting and her abilities just starting to manifest, but mostly we get a great family drama, as Peter’s parents on both sides try to deal with what has happened. My favorite part of the episode is the attention to detail for the flashbacks, wait until you see the trip to the toy store. Secondly, Orla Brady gives a fabulous dual performance as Peter’s mother, Elizabeth Bishop. And, of course John Noble does double duty once again and is great too. The story unfolds slowly, but you are never board. The episode is just flippin’ fantastic.
Blue Bloods (CBS): New. The murder of a young woman at a debutante ball is investigated. Nicky rides along with Danny on the investigation.
The Defenders (CBS): New. Nick and Pete go after a pharmaceutical company after people start overdosing on epinephrine.
CSI: NY (CBS): New. The CSIs investigate the death of a known conspiracy theorist and find that she may not have been such a cook after all.
Merlin (Syfy): New. Gwen has to make a choice between her estranged brother and Arthur. Plays again later.
- Law & Order: UK (BBC America): New. A woman is being stalked and there is little the police can do. Last week’s episode, “Masquerade,” replays right after.
- Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (Starz): Season Finale. Batiatus is out for vengeance. A new arena opens promising a huge spectacle and lots of blood. Runs 65 minutes. Plays again later. The first hour of the upcoming series Camelot plays right after.
- Supernatural (The CW): New. Sam and Dean get sent to an alternate universe when Balthazar attempts to protect them.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action with the team that shall not be named at the Orlando Magic followed by the Denver Nuggets at the Portland Trail Blazers.
- ESPN2 has a college basketball game followed by boxing.
- Being Human (Syfy): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “It Takes Two to Make a Thing Go Wrong,” replays.
- Camelot (Starz): Special Presentation. The first hour of this new series plays. The series is set to premiere on April 1st.
- Justified (FX): Repeat. This past Wednesday’s episode, “The I of the Storm,” replays.
A&E has eight episodes of Criminal Minds.
Oxygen has five episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Spike TV has six episodes of Gangland.
Syfy has nine episodes of Moonlight.
USA has 10 episodes of House.